Seeking a Vegan Kitchen to Test Recipes (NC or anywhere US)

1bigvegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Seeking a Vegan Kitchen to Test Mock Meat/Cheese Recipes (NC or anywhere US)

Hello All,

As the title says, I'm seeking a vegan kitchen in order to test out several different mock meat and vegan cheese recipes. I'm currently designing several different vegan business plans in order to become a vegan entrepreneur. Many of the businesses involve creating culinary menus for catering services, pop ups, food trucks, restaurants, etc. A big reason why I am seeking a out a great kitchen is because I am currently living a very nomadic life in traveling and #vanlife. I do not seek a room and board as I do have living arrangements met through my van. One thing the van does not have is a kitchen source, hence my thread.

About myself - I am a professional vegan chef with over 15 years hospitably experience in managing and build restaurants as well as consulting in existing concepts. Recently I have also gained a certification as a vegan lifestyle coach and educator (VLCE) through the Main Street Vegan Academy. I'm taking some time off from working right now in order to continue in writing design plans and test conceptual recipes. I have no criminal background and references can be given if needed.

I currently live in North Carolina since that is closer to family but I am willing to move and travel anywhere in the country that fits mutual needs. And of course in exchange for kitchen usage, you will have the opportunity to indulge in any and all recipes in mock meats, vegan cheeses, pizzas, etc. I can also assist in personal chef meals, dinner parties, catering events, etc.

Any and all help or advice is welcomed, thank you.

*** Mod Edit AndyT : Have added location to your thread title. ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought about renting off-hours kitchen space at vegan restaurants or vegan food trucks? Here in central Virginia, I know that there are some places that rent commercial kitchen spaces (including various equipment), but of course, the renter before you might not have been vegan.

Have you thought about renting off-hours kitchen space at vegan restaurants or vegan food trucks? Here in central Virginia, I know that there are some places that rent commercial kitchen spaces (including various equipment), but of course, the renter before you might not have been vegan.

Yes, I have thought about that and there are definitely vegan establishments, in certain areas I normally travel through, that I could ask for assistance. Although I'm trying not to spend to much actual cash on test recipes, I'd rather exchange my talents or services but if it comes to needing to do that I'll have to use it as an option.

Thanks for the suggestion Poppy!

1BV,

all the best wishes and success to your venture from a fellow vegan in Europe :)

Have taken the liberty to add the location to your thread title so possible interested parties might see it better.

Some additional consideration ... have you considered approaching any charities that do regular food gatherings for people in need?

They might appreciate your help and be in need of great ideas to provide healthy and affordable food to people in need, if gathering further experience is helpful for you.

If they have premises, they might allow you to use those for pop-ups in the time they are not using them.

Some additional consideration ... have you considered approaching any charities that do regular food gatherings for people in need?

They might appreciate your help and be in need of great ideas to provide healthy and affordable food to people in need, if gathering further experience is helpful for you.

If they have premises, they might allow you to use those for pop-ups in the time they are not using them.

Hello Andy T

Yes I have thought about seeking out any programs that I may volunteer at with but unfortunately there are not many specific organizations that are strictly vegan. I myself would not like to ever again be apart of something that directly benefits the animal agriculture.

Thank you for your suggestion and I will also look into adding my location to this thread, although my location changes quite often.

Reactions: Andy_T