UK Product Thread

Vitamin D is vegetarian just like eggs and milk are.

But there are versions of vitamin D that are vegan. Almost all the plant milk companies use it.

I've never had Vimto or even heard of it but it seems to me that if they were going to spend money on adding Vitamin D - they might as well spend a little extra and kept it vegan.

They use D3 instead of D2 which is a shame. Vimto tastes fabulous and makes a most refreshing drink during the hot summer months. It's very popular esepcially in the Middle East.

Reactions: Lou
1621148365326.png

The new additions to the range are made with wheat protein, which is low in saturated fat and a great source of fibre, and coated in Birds Eye’s signature crispy coating which it uses across its chicken portfolio.

In fact, the new meat-free chicken products from Birds proved so popular that they won the Product of the Year 2021 following a fan vote.

I really don't like the Green Cuisine chicken things. I had them the other day. It was the nuggets or the dippers.

I really love the GC "beef" burgers though.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I really don't like the Green Cuisine chicken things. I had them the other day. It was the nuggets or the dippers.

I really love the GC "beef" burgers though.

I've never tried them. We only get a limited amount of GC products over here including the burgers which I also like.

I keep getting confused about which brands I really like as during the pandemic I keep using lots of different online supermarkets. I know I like the Richmond sausages and the GC burgers. I should make a list. :D

• Agree
I keep getting confused about which brands I really like as during the pandemic I keep using lots of different online supermarkets. I know I like the Richmond sausages and the GC burgers. I should make a list. :D

I know what you mean as in the UK you are spoilt for choice.

Oh wow. I was just saying on here that a vegan YouTuber did a test of the major supermarkets and Boots came the best. I just went to a crap local store that I wasn't expecting much from and there were four vegan sandwiches there.

I got the All Day Breakfast sandwich and the vegan chicken salad one. There was a hoisin duck wrap and I think the last one was a no egg and cress one.

• Informative
Oh wow. I was just saying on here that a vegan YouTuber did a test of the major supermarkets and Boots came the best. I just went to a crap local store that I wasn't expecting much from and there were four vegan sandwiches there.

I got the All Day Breakfast sandwich and the vegan chicken salad one. There was a hoisin duck wrap and I think the last one was a no egg and cress one.

That sounds delicious.

• Love
Reactions: Raven
I like the chicken one the best. I might go and get the hoisin duck one tomorrow.

• Love