UK Product Thread

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
A place to post products we find that are Vegan that the masses may not be aware of, be it supermarket own brand or from a speciality vegan known label.
Also post items you arent sure about for confimation from a seasoned label reader...

Below is a list of products mentioned in this Thread. Updates to follow.

Branded:
Frys Chocolate Cream Bars (Mint/Peppermint/Orange)
Jamesons Raspberry Ruffle Bars
Mr Kipling Treacle Tarts
Mr Kipling Apple and Blackberry Pies
Some Baxters Soups(will update with Sepcifics)
Bisto Gravy Granuals (Original/Onion/Vegetable/Chip Shop Curry Sauce)
Whittards Hot Chocolate(Banoffee/Rocky Road/Ginger/Luxery/Caramel/Dreamtime/Chilli/Orange/70%/Tiramisu/)
Askeys Goes Crackin' chocolate sauce
Lyles Mint Chocolate Sauce
Butterscotch Syrup
Lyles Golden Syrup
Goodness Direct Dark Chocolate Spread
Jus Roll (Croisants/Pan Au Chocolat/Garlic Bread/Cookies/Pastry)
Kettle Chips(flavours to follow)
Vitalite Spread
Beef and Tomato PotNoodle
Heinz Beans (original/BBQ/Garlic & Herb/Chilli)
Heinz Ketchup
Heinz Spaghetti
Walkers Crisps(See bottom of post for full list)
Kelloggs Cereals(Just Right/Fruit and Fibre/Frosties/Rice Krispies Multigrain/Raisin Wheats)
Jelly Tots
Polos
Starburst/Opal Fruits ;)

Frozen Branded:
Linda McCartney Sausages
LMC Mince
LMC Mince Pies
LMC Mushroom and Ale Pies
Clives Pies

Supermarket Brands:
ASDA
6 Apple and Blackcurrent pies
100g Dark chocolate...No longer Vegan, now contains Milk Powder...
Sausage Mix
Milkshake Powder
Hotpot Ready Meal
Chilli Ready Meal
Refrigered Juices
Make your Own Pizza (ask for no cheese. Bases need confirmation)

Frozen:
Chicken Style Pieces
Mince

Sainsburys(has a very good Vegan labelling system)
Instant Packet Noodles (Chicken/Chicken Curry/Prawn/Vegetable)
Value Snack Pot Noodle (Beef and Tomato/Chicken and Mushroom)
Tomato Sauce(note ASDAs contains milk)
Chocolate Bourbon Bicuits
Refrigerated Juices

Frozen:
Mince
Sausages

Marks and Spencer:
Tinned Chilli

Tesco:
Has own Free From range including
Cheeses
Milks
Jellies
Desserts

Value range Bourbon Biscuits
'Wheetbix'

Coffee Shops: (if made with Soy Milk)
Starbucks Hotchocolate
Cafe Nero Hot Chocolate

SHOE BRANDS: These shoes are manmade materials with non animal glues.
Rocketdog(they make some leather items so check before you buy)
Iron Fist
Inamagura(rare to find in shops, online only)

For the follow also check www.gocrueltyfree for more companies. This list are HighStreet accessable

Cleaning:
Astonish
Co-operative Own brand

Cosmetics/Toiletries:
Barry M
LUSH
Superdrug(some items not Vegan, but all are none animal tested)
Urban Decay

*Walkers Vegan List, Updated July 2012*
Walkers Mystery Flavour B
Walkers Mystery Flavour C
Walkers BBQ Rib Flavour Crisps
Walkers Pickled Onion Flavour Crisps
Walkers Prawn Cocktail Flavour Crisps
Walkers Ready Salted Crisps
Walkers Salt & Vinegar Flavour Crisps
Walkers Steak & Onion Flavour Crisps
Walkers Worcester Sauce Flavour Crisps
Walkers Salt & Shake Crisps
Walkers Lights Simply Salted Crisps
Walkers Crinkles Simply Sea Salted Flavour Crisps
Walkers MAX Chargrilled Steak Flavour Crisps
Walkers MAX Paprika Flavour Crisps
Walkers Extra Crunchy Flame Grilled Steak Flavour Crisps
Walkers Extra Crunchy Simply Salted Flavour Crisps
Sensations Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelised Onion Flavour Crisps
Walkers Ruffles Original Flavour
Walkers Ruffles Paprika Flavour
Snacks
Baked Ready Salted
Baked Stars Mild Sweet Chilli Flavour
French Fries Ready Salted
French Fries Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Quavers Prawn Cocktail Flavour
Quavers Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Sensations Poppadom Bites Lime & Coriander Chutney Flavour
Squares Ready Salted Flavour
Squares Salt & Vinegar Flavour
Sunbites Lightly Sea Salted
SunBites Sun Ripened Sweet Chilli Flavour
Wotsits Flamin’ Hot Flavour
Doritos BBQ Rib Flavour
Doritos Chilli Heatwave Flavour
Doritos Lightly Salted Flavour
Smiths Chipsticks Ready Salted
Smiths Chipsticks Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Flavour

Reactions: ButterflyAngel
ASDA have their own brand of soya yoghurts, which are £1.14 compared to £1.68 for AlproSoy. I found the soy taste very strong in them whereas AlproSoy taste of normal yoghurt to me, but otherwise they are pretty much identical.

In case anybody doesn't know, Fry's chocolate cream bars are vegan. I think the orange ones are too but I haven't seen them anywhere for years. Mr Kipling's treacle tart and blackberry and apple pies are vegan.

^ Damn, I ordered my groceries from Asda this week. I have to look for the yoghurts. I still haven't tried the newish vegan Tesco range of yoghurts, cheeze etc yet.

(Not really accessible for everyone on here but I just visited the new Soho Whole Foods Market store in London today and it seems to have so much of a yummy vegan range. I'm going back there when I have more money.)

I just had a glass of Kaloo's chocolate soy milk. It's a bit soy-y but the chocolate is yummy :)

I don't work for ASDA (promise) but I can also recommend their own brand sausage mix. It comes in granule form in a green packet, in our branch it's in the aisle with the pasta sauces. You add some water, stir, leave for 10 minutes then fry or grill it. I add about 1/2 tsp of salt to the powder before adding water and sometimes some chilli powder or herbs too. It is very similar to omni sausage meat but less moist because it has a much lower fat content. Delicious with chips and beans for a lazy meal.

They also have a burger mix, which tastes very onion-y but is pretty burger like.

I like the Asda ones...peach yum. I havent tried Alpro ones though.
I love Frys cream bars...sooo good. I got some in B&M bargain shop for 31p a bar!

Baxters now make quite a few vegan things, (Yay!), & they are all marked as such. Way to go...

It's mostly soup, but also a vegetable chilli pot, which is very good. Sweet potato & dahl lentil in the same kind of pot as the chilli, (deli bowls)
the rest are in cans. They are all quite healthy & tasty. The soups are in the "healthy", rather than veggie range. A lot of them are non-vegan
due to honey, but I'm hoping that they will change this.

I like the Asda ones...peach yum. I havent tried Alpro ones though.
I love Frys cream bars...sooo good. I got some in B&M bargain shop for 31p a bar!

I've never seen any Soya yoghurts other than Alpro ones! But I do love them. Also Alpro do packs of 2 'smooth & creamy' yoghurts which are actually delicious (but expensive.)

Has anyone else tasted the mushroom and ale Linda McC pies? I thought they were horrible even though they won an award.:p

I prefer the original pies too.:) Some of the Clive's Pies are vegan but I usually only ever see them when I'm out and not wanting to carry shopping around.

I've seen them in various health food shops around London. You can order them online from Goodness Direct. GoodnessDirect

They are a bit expensive though because they are only the same size of the LindaMcC pies from what I remember! :eek:

I didn't like them, but my parents did so I put it down to disliking ale.

Ooh, I like Clive's pies. My local health food co op does them.

I went to vegfest, and discovered many new things. redwood's fish steak things were to die for.

I've never seen any Soya yoghurts other than Alpro ones! But I do love them. Also Alpro do packs of 2 'smooth & creamy' yoghurts which are actually delicious (but expensive.)

Ooo are they yogurts with no 'bits in'? Cause I am weird and don't really like yogurts with bits of fruit through them, but I thought that's what I was stuck with when it came to soya yogurts. I secretly wish there was vegan petit filous :p

Ooo are they yogurts with no 'bits in'? Cause I am weird and don't really like yogurts with bits of fruit through them, but I thought that's what I was stuck with when it came to soya yogurts. I secretly wish there was vegan petit filous :p

There is! I cannot remember the brand, but I bought one from my local veg co op once and was disappointed with the bit-less yogurt. I will find out the band name next time I'm in there.

From what I remember, the asda ones have bits.

There is! I cannot remember the brand, but I bought one from my local veg co op once and was disappointed with the bit-less yogurt. I will find out the band name next time I'm in there.

From what I remember, the asda ones have bits.

Ooh awesome! The Asda ones do have bits but apparently there are these Alpro smooth and creamy ones, I haven't seen them before though!

No bits! They are soooo tasty. :)