UK Product Thread

Chocolate soy yoghurt? Sounds yum :)

I know that the ahimsa (slaughter free) project are bringing out a cheese in the next few months. But I'm under sworn secrecy not to tell anyone the details. It will be a good option for people who are unable to give up cheese or transitioning vegans who want a more ethical product.

Reactions: AeryFairy
Why doesn't anywhere sell Fry's vegetarian chicken nuggets anymore? I only just discovered they were good and now they've disappeared :(

Kinda like discovering I liked salad cream just before Sainsbury's started putting egg in theirs...

Why doesn't anywhere sell Fry's vegetarian chicken nuggets anymore? I only just discovered they were good and now they've disappeared :(

Kinda like discovering I liked salad cream just before Sainsbury's started putting egg in theirs...

I've seen the nuggets in three shops this week. And I hear ASDA's light salad cream is vegan but I haven't tried it, since the Sainsbury's one put me off for life.

They have the nuggets in the "big" H&B in Oxford, but not the smaller one. I like the taste of the chicken patty/cutlet things, which are the same more or less (I think).

I went into M&S last weekend and found (vegan) vegetarian chili in a tin, which turned out to be quite yum, and not too expensive even.

We just tried Redwoods new frozen pizzas, about £2 at H/B. They weren't awful, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Geez, I find randomly vegan stuff all the time, but I can't think of any now.

I really like the asda one.

There's also one by Granovita, if you can find it. I haven't tried it though. It's about three times the price of a bottle of the asda stuff.

It does me, Im not a salad cream fan to be honest. I also got some Tigar Tigar Mayo, but I cant say I was impressed. Needs to be thicker.

Hmm maybe I will give it a go :)

I really miss new potatoes and salad cream, and making coleslaw with chopped cabbage, carrot and salad cream. Childhood favourites.

Plamil brand mayo is REALLY thick. I have some in my fridge at the moment (I like the Tiger garlic one funnily enough but they didnt have it). I have to shake it off the spoon! I made a wicked dip using garlic plamil stuff mixed with sriracha :D

Stumbled on another vegan Asda product today. Their milkshake powders are vegan. Actually I shouldn't say that because they have vitamins in them that may possible be animal derived, but they don't contain egg or milk and are labelled suitable for vegetarians so I'm pretty confident they'll be okay. As long as you make them up with a plant milk, obviously.

Oooo sounds promising! Im craving strawberry milkshake quite badly. I can only get the Alpro Chocolate milk and sometimes strawberry is nicer.

Aw man that sounds amazing....
I have some chocolate milk in the fridge. Im saving it though :lick:

Whittards have 11 flavours of hot chocolate mix that are vegan...it says on their website which are suitable :D
I have 5 of them...soooo good!

^ Mmm. I am getting my shopping at Asda next week. The only thing I hate is the cat litter so I keep going back to Sainsbury's.

Plamil brand mayo is REALLY thick.

I love that stuff!