UK Product Thread

^ That reminds me, I bought the vegan 'light' salad cream there too. I'm going to try it out on our salad tomorrow.

I sometimes think about going to Sainsbury's because I really like their vegan sausages, but I frickin' hate shopping and I want to get it all done ASAP then go home. That's why I'm always talking about Asda, not because I love them but because I don't go anywhere else.

I found the light salad cream a little vinegary, but its still good because it statisfys the salad cream demons!

I just want to ask, has anyone tried Cheezly? I have seen it here at the shops, and thought about buying it but thought I could ask for some opinions.

We also have Sheese, would welcome opinions on the taste of that too.

I like the soya free Cheezly but I wasn't a fan of Sheese when I tried it. I think opinions vary so widely on vegan cheeses that you are probably best to taste it yourself and make up your own mind.:)

Awesome! I bought some soy cheese slices when I was in Puerto Rico and they werent very nice tasting and I was concerned that soy cheese would taste like that.

So when I saw the Sheese I was a bit hesitant. They are also sold in biggish blocks so if I dont like it I have to eat the large block or chuck it. Cheezly looks more promising as it isnt soy.

It seems to be in these sort of round logs. I might try it.....

Awesome! I bought some soy cheese slices when I was in Puerto Rico and they werent very nice tasting and I was concerned that soy cheese would taste like that.

So when I saw the Sheese I was a bit hesitant. They are also sold in biggish blocks so if I dont like it I have to eat the large block or chuck it. Cheezly looks more promising as it isnt soy.

I like some flavours of cheezly- for me mozzarella, soy free and blue cheese are good, white cheddar, red cheddar and Parmesan are just ok, I used to like Edam but I've kind of gone off it. I don't really like sheese.

What I would say is that none of them are great just in a sandwich... Most are better on top of things like lasagne or mixed with a mac and cheez sauce... The soy free is pretty nice mixed up with a thick scoop of marge and used as a baked potato filling though :)

Worth trying everything for yourself and making up your own mind.

I like sheese's cream cheeses. The garlic one is awesome on a bagel, and they melt down to make good pasta sauces, and they're good on crackers or toast. The hard cheeses are less versatile, and don't taste great IMO.

Cheezly super melting is the only hard vegan cheese I've liked, although I haven't tried that many. It's good on pizza.

I liked toffettis cream cheese, but they had hydrogenated fat in them last time I looked which I avoid. Sheeses cream cheese is okay but has an unpleasent aftertaste IMO.

I agree with everybody else - it's so subjective it's best to try them yourself, but they can be expensive to do that! I'd suggest trying to find a vegan fayre that'll have lots of freebies, this was always my favourite way to try new vegan foods because they're so expensive I just can't afford to buy lots of different things and throw them away if I don't like them. That way you can try lots and get an idea of what brands/flavours you like :)

No hydrogenated fat in tofuttis cream cheese in the UK. I don't really like it except for making cream cheese frosting. The garlic and herb one is ok in pasta.

Oh really? Has that always been the case, I swear I saw it on the packet before? :confused: It was a few years ago...

Anyway that's really good! I only eat faux cheese very occasionally, but maybe next time I do I'll pick some up them, I thought it was quite nice in toasted sandwhiches with sliced tomatoes, and it might come in handy for baking too. Although I used the sheese one once to make "cheese cake" and I thought just using silken tofu produced a much much nicer result.

I need to find some cream cheese but haven't been able to yet. This garlic one sounds gooood.

I just want to ask, has anyone tried Cheezly? I have seen it here at the shops, and thought about buying it but thought I could ask for some opinions.

We also have Sheese, would welcome opinions on the taste of that too.

Personally I don't like either of them. Nothing, nothing like cows' cheese and I didn't enjoy the flavour in its own right. But as Moll said, it's so objective that you can't really go by other people's opinions.

Toffuti cream cheese is similar to a mild cow cream cheese.

FYI, most Cheezly is soya based, if that's an issue. The soy free one is quite nice, I think. I buy it fairly regularly (more than I should). The others, I wouldn't miss if I never had them again.

The Vegusto we've had has been very good as well...more like real proper cheese, as opposed to the Cheezly which tastes "processed" for lack of a better word.