UK Product Thread

Has anyone tried the following brand of vegan cheese , Mouse's Favourite ?

http://www.mousesfavourite.com/shop-2/

Home - Flash
Yep (bump!).

I got their blue cheese as a birthday treat. It's very expensive but nice.

It's tasty, and quite close to dairy blue cheese. The main differences are a very slight chalkiness and powderiness that dairy blue cheese doesn't have. It's riddled with and covered in bona-fide mould though, so that must count for something!

I'm sure a blind test would pick this out vs the real thing. I'm not sure which I'd prefer going purely on taste. Initially, plant milk tasted a bit wrong, and now it's at least as good to me, so I could see myself preferring the cashew cheese.

In a (cashew) nutshell - it's all gone and I'm looking forward to having it as a treat again!

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Yep (bump!).

I got their blue cheese as a birthday treat. It's very expensive but nice.

It's tasty, and quite close to dairy blue cheese. The main differences are a very slight chalkiness and powderiness that dairy blue cheese doesn't have. It's riddled with and covered in bona-fide mould though, so that must count for something!

I'm sure a blind test would pick this out vs the real thing. I'm not sure which I'd prefer going purely on taste. Initially, plant milk tasted a bit wrong, and now it's at least as good to me, so I could see myself preferring the cashew cheese.

In a (cashew) nutshell - it's all gone and I'm looking forward to having it as a treat again!

Is it the true blue one? It must be tasty as it's made with cultures (I think there is another word) and yes cashew milk makes great cheeses.

My dream would be to have plant based Stilton-the king of cheeses.:cool:

Is it the true blue one? It must be tasty as it's made with cultures (I think there is another word) and yes cashew milk makes great cheeses.

My dream would be to have plant based Stilton-the king of cheeses.:cool:

Yep the true blue. There aren't many products I'd be so pleased to see a puff of turquoise spores glide into the air from.

I got the aged dulce as well, but haven't tried it yet. I reckon if MF put their minds to it, they'd have a killer Stilton too.

Thanks for the article. That's a lot of faffing to replicate dairy cheese! It's wandering into the lab grown/impossible burger equivalent territory as for meat. I don't mind as long as the end result has a decent product with a better moral/ethical footprint than dairy though. As things stand, I'm happy with what's currently available. Vegan and dairy cheese may not have the same nutritional profile, but for me, in both cases they're mostly a fatty, salty treat or garnish.

Reactions: shyvas
Thanks for the article. That's a lot of faffing to replicate dairy cheese! It's wandering into the lab grown/impossible burger equivalent territory as for meat. I don't mind as long as the end result has a decent product with a better moral/ethical footprint than dairy though.

True and I'm not sure that there is a huge demand for these kind of products. Moreover, I'd be surprised to see a plant based version of Stilton as it would be difficult to duplicate the unique texture and taste. However, True blue certainly does look tasty and it would be a good substitute if it were to be available in supermarkets.

1621924212698.png

True blue.

Reactions: Daxx
1622573737824.png

1622573889475.png

M&S Launches it's first Vegan Meal Deal for 2. £ 8

Full Menu (all serves 2)

1 x main, 1 x side and 1 x dessert
Main

Plant kitchen No Chicken Kiev
Plant Kitchen Melt in the Middle Fish Cakes
Plant Kitchen Beef Steak Pies (NEW)
Side

Plant Kitchen Creamy Mashed Potato
Plant Kitchen Green Veg Medley (NEW)
Plant Kitchen Sweet Potato Fries (NEW)
Dessert

Plant Kitchen Churros
Plant Kitchen Chocolate Pots
Plant Kitchen Strawberry Cheesecake Wedges

This product looks tasty and will be a game changer for those who like a roast dinner during the cold winter months.

Following its recent £1.6 million Seed Round, UK meat-free brand Better Nature is launching a brand-new product range just in time for summer. The new tempeh-based products are staples for any vegan BBQ, brunch, or Sunday roast dinner with the family.

Better Nature prides itself on its nutritious products that support a healthy gut and lifestyle, and the new range has received the highest possible rating for its carbon footprint. The products are also both carbon and plastic negative, meaning they offset double what they produce.

1623568434707.png

Reactions: Raven
Just in time for the perfect summer picnic.:cool: Granted that they don't look anything like the real thing but they are always popular with children and to have on hand as a snack!

UK plant-based producer Squeaky Bean has launched what it claims to be the world’s first vegan supermarket Scotch Egg into Tesco. Made with Crackd – The No-Egg Egg – the new product is part of an unveiling of a plant-based summer eating range.

1623583065125.png

Green Cuisine products are absolutely delicious and they make the best veggie balls ever. The use pea protein which give a great taste to the product and also are very satisfying.

Frozen foods brand Birds Eye has expanded its Green Cuisine plant-based range with three new chicken alternatives — burgers, crispy grills, and southern-fried grills.

The new options are meatless versions of some of Birds Eye’s most popular products, made with wheat protein instead of chicken and using the same signature coating. The company says it understands that many families are reducing their meat consumption and wants to ensure they don’t miss out on the meals they enjoy.

The southern-fried grills are already available at Tesco, while the other two products will begin rolling out at Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Morrisons very soon. All will retail for a recommended price of £2.

1623584274553.png1623585631079.png

Cauldron is an excellent brand and their sausages are outstanding. I'm pleased that they are extending their plant based range products:

'Cauldron is launching into a new category with the introduction of its new dairy-free Greek Style Cubes. The launch marks the UK plant-based brand’s entry into the dairy-free market, a sector which continues to see exponential growth.

Driven by a number of concerns – health and the environment chief amongst them – consumers are increasingly turning to plant-based dairy-free alternatives, with the market projected to reach USD 40.6 billion by 2026. Cauldron’s new Greek Style Cubes are the brands first foray into the category, with the brand claiming that its product is higher in protein and calcium than the current market-leading dairy-free cheese.''

1623586672386.png