UK Product Thread

1617792390203.png

Wanting to capitalise on rising plant-based eating trends, M&S developed a vegan range of 60 plant-based foods.

Coley Porter Bell’s design for Plant Kitchen takes inspiration from street food and celebrates the natural goodness of plants. The category defining blue palette is ownable, yet distinct from other M&S ranges, and the brand’s name, identity and pack design communicate the deliciousness of the products.

As a result, the range has successfully attracted flexitarians looking to lower their meat intake, bringing new and younger customers to M&S since its launch in January 2019. 1.5 million unique customers came instore to purchase Plant Kitchen, nearly one third of which were new to M&S Food, and the range has achieved greater customer penetration than any other longer running supermarket vegan range on the market.

Winners 2020/ | DBA: Design Effectiveness Awards

Veggie favourite Quorn has launched two new vegan products this month, expanding its plant-based range.

The tasty new Quorn product is vegan Fishless Scampi, the perfect accompaniment to chips and mushy peas. The fish-free scampi is encased in a crispy coating and a squeeze of lemon helps bring out the flavour.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
For the past 120-years, football fans have been warming themselves with a hot cup of Bovril at half-time. Now the brand has teamed up with the world’s first vegan football club, Forest Green Rovers, to launch the first-ever vegan version of the popular British half-time drink

Hey! do we need a "Sports" Forum now? ;)

1620117509873.png

Has anyone tried this when making Banoffee pie or millionaire's shortbread? I've ordered Nestlé's
vegan condensed milk for my click & collect but have a feeling that it's already out of stock.

1620117624651.png

• Love
I haven't tasted condensed milk in years! Since I was a kid.

This is product that I can't wait to try.

Oh, I earlier I said I've already seen that in a store. but I was mixed up.
We have pumpkin seed tofu in stores here. Pumfu. Easily mixed up with Pea-fu. (but not to be mixed up with kung fu. )
Since I like regular tofu a lot and don't like pumpkin that much - I won't be trying it.

Peafu looks like hummus or cream cheese. You think it's meant to be spread on stuff?

Oh, I earlier I said I've already seen that in a store. but I was mixed up.
We have pumpkin seed tofu in stores here. Pumfu. Easily mixed up with Pea-fu. (but not to be mixed up with kung fu. )
Since I like regular tofu a lot and don't like pumpkin that much - I won't be trying it.

Peafu looks like hummus or cream cheese. You think it's meant to be spread on stuff?

No it's a substitute for firm tofu. Lots of people don't like the latter so it's some good news!

I was wondering whether anyone has tasted Alpro's Greek style plain yogurt ? We don't have it over here and it's something that
I would like to taste. I really like thick high protein yogurt.

I have some in our fridge right now! I'll have to try some again later because I rarely have yoghurt and can't remember it well, but I do remember it's thick (and nice.)

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
I have some in our fridge right now! I'll have to try some again later because I rarely have yoghurt and can't remember it well, but I do remember it's thick (and nice.)

I really like Greek style yogurt so am keen to know if it tastes good. We don't have this particular Alpro product over here.