UK Product Thread

:)
I tried a Gregg's sausage roll and found them very tasty. Not the least greasy or stodgy. Moreover, for £1 you really can't go wrong when you
need a snack on the go.:up:
I also had mango cheesecake which didn't taste like the latter but more like trifle. Too sweet for my liking but nevertheless not a bad dessert even though it was so expensive.
I also had the No Bull burgers from Iceland and they were fabulous. I paid £1.50 for a pack of 2 which was excellent value. They have managed to duplicate the texture of minced beef.

I tried the Violife Greek style cheese which was good ( the texture is interesting and silky) but they didn't quite duplicate the salty and tart taste of the real thing. It may be that coconut oil is far too sweet when trying to duplicate salty cheese .:confused:

Sainsbury's Shroomdog sausages are too die for ; both the caramelised onion and the Cumberland sausages are excellent.💌
I bought 2 packs home for the freezer.

I also tried the Free From strawberry ice cream. The taste and level of sweetness was very good but the texture wasn't creamy compared to Alpro.

I tried M&S Plant Kitchen range and had a grain, bean and hummus salad. I also tried their 'mozzarella' sticks which were OK but nothing
like the real thing. I also had a mango cream pudding which was very good. I was also delighted that their wine gums are now vegan.

I also had a Margarita pizza at Purezza in Brighton, with extra black olives. It was also excellent. I really think that they make the best dough ever.:)

I love the fact that when you enter the restaurant the first thing that they ask is 'have you ever been here before' ? When I said 'yes, off course', the
waitress seemed so relieved. :D

I was amazed to see how many more vegan options that are available in UK supermarkets since last year. The UK is really a great place to be if your vegan.👍

I was inspired by your list Shyvas!

I ordered some new things from Sainbury's I haven't tried before and it's arriving today.

The vegan scampi, the vegan Vivera bacon, Fry's sausage rolls, the Meatless farm sausages and some tempeh. I have tried tempeh before and didn't like it but thought I would give it another try as maybe it was badly prepared.

I also ordered the GU cheesecake but they are bringing the Coconut Collaborative choc pots as a substitute.

I tried a Gregg's sausage roll and found them very tasty. Not the least greasy or stodgy. Moreover, for £1 you really can't go wrong when you
need a snack on the go.:up:

I tried M&S Plant Kitchen range and had a grain, bean and hummus salad.

I love the sausage rolls! I had to cut back as I was having one a day for about a week.

Someone online mentioned the Plant Kitchen range and I wondered what store it was from.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas and Val
I was inspired by your list Shyvas!

I ordered some new things from Sainbury's I haven't tried before and it's arriving today.

The vegan scampi, the vegan Vivera bacon, Fry's sausage rolls, the Meatless farm sausages and some tempeh. I have tried tempeh before and didn't like it but thought I would give it another try as maybe it was badly prepared.

I also ordered the GU cheesecake but they are bringing the Coconut Collaborative choc pots as a substitute.

I love the sausage rolls! I had to cut back as I was having one a day for about a week.

Someone online mentioned the Plant Kitchen range and I wondered what store it was from.

The Plant Kitchen range is available at M&S. They have a huge selection (especially at the Brighton branch) with tons of different dishes including churros, 'mozzarella' sticks, salads, chilli with rice, bangers etc. I was hugely impressed and I even had lunch with my cousin and chose the salad plus a coconut cream and mango dessert.😋
I was planning to get their jackfruit pizza which looked delicious but decided to go to Purezza for dinner instead

m&s plant kitchen range

the plant kitchen jackfruit pizza

I spoke with the duty manager at Brighton's Iceland and he said that the No Bull range was really popular. I really loved their burgers and find that they are just as good as the Beyond Meat range and far cheaper. On the whole, there is far more choice and prices are lower for veg*an options in the UK compared to the US.👍

Let me know what you think about cheesecake as I wasn't impressed. I find that Alpro still have the best plant based ice cream options. However, their new low calorie range was missing from the shelves.

I really enjoyed the frozen vegan scampi bought at Sainsbury's. However, it didn't taste of fish. I did try LM's scampi but didn't like the texture.
I also had some Quorn steak slice and sausage roll and their 'chicken & mushroom pie' which were also excellent and quite inexpensive.

I also bought some Free From white chocolate at Sainsbug's and am planning to make a berry and hot chocolate pudding.
I also bought a pack of Gardein pork less bites which are to die for. I add extra ingredients to the sauce as it's too sweet ; grated ginger, garlic granules, cider vinegar and some stock plus sautéed green vegetables. I usually get two huge meals out of a pack. They also had the fishless fillets (they taste nothing like the real thing) which I really dislike, however the tenders are excellent.

My only concern is that, do they really need to import vegan food from Canada, considering that there is so much choice in the UK ?

It would seem that Violife is the leader for plant based cheese as all the major supermarkets and H&B stock it.

I also liked the fact when asking for the veg*an options in all the stores, everyone was pleased to show me the section. No strange looks or remarks like you get over here. o_O

I'm already missing all the food and shops. It will be a shock to go to my local Lidl's that have virtually no vegan options asides fruit, veg and nuts. :(

Last edited:
My favourites from the plant kitchen range are the lasagne & the mac & cheese bites :)

The No Bull burgers are too meaty for me but we tried some of the duck spring rolls the other day which were nice. My favourite of those type of 'meaty' burgers are the Coop Incredible burgers & the Beyond Meat ones (they BM are way too expensive though.)

I liked the chocolate gu cheesecake a lot - haven't tried the fruity ones as I'm not a fruity dessert person.

Still sticking by the Gregg's sausage rolls being greasy :p much prefer the aldi frozen ones! They're really good.

Reactions: Val
My favourites from the plant kitchen range are the lasagne & the mac & cheese bites :)

The No Bull burgers are too meaty for me but we tried some of the duck spring rolls the other day which were nice. My favourite of those type of 'meaty' burgers are the Coop Incredible burgers & the Beyond Meat ones (they BM are way too expensive though.)

I liked the chocolate gu cheesecake a lot - haven't tried the fruity ones as I'm not a fruity dessert person.

Still sticking by the Gregg's sausage rolls being greasy :p much prefer the aldi frozen ones! They're really good.

I would have to come and stay for a full year to get through all of the vegan options that are available. :D Mind you, I wouldn't mind being a food taster for VV.o_O:p

Reactions: Second Summer
I saw that M&S do something called cauliflower popcorn bites that look delish. I don't have an M&S that close to where I live, annoyingly.

I tried the Fry's sausage roll today, definitely not as good as Gregg's. My husband had a bite and thought it was quite nice.

I did try the Sainsbury's BBQ jackfruit and mushroom pizza the other day. It was tasty but not really my type of thing. I have a love/hate relationship with mushrooms.

I saw that M&S do something called cauliflower popcorn bites that look delish. I don't have an M&S that close to where I live, annoyingly.

I tried the Fry's sausage roll today, definitely not as good as Gregg's. My husband had a bite and thought it was quite nice.

I did try the Sainsbury's BBQ jackfruit and mushroom pizza the other day. It was tasty but not really my type of thing. I have a love/hate relationship with mushrooms.

They are cauliflower fritters.;)

Speaking of cauliflower: We've had some pizza bases lately that apparently consist partly of cauliflower. I know it sounds odd, but I thought they were actually really, really nice! I don't know the product name ...

Speaking of cauliflower: We've had some pizza bases lately that apparently consist partly of cauliflower. I know it sounds odd, but I thought they were actually really, really nice! I don't know the product name ...

I've seen those low carb pizza bases in the UK and also at Wholefoods in the US. They are very easy to make. Strange as I was planning to make one with the Violife that I've just purchased.;)

I tried Morrisons vegan ready meals recently too as you can order their food on Amazon. I got a really nice curry and something that wasn't as nice, a risotto or paella.

They are cauliflower fritters.;)

They might do them too, but they are definitely cauliflower popcorn as I saw them last night online after you mentioned M&S, with some type of dip.

I tried Morrisons vegan ready meals recently too as you can order their food on Amazon. I got a really nice curry and something that wasn't as nice, a risotto or paella.

They might do them too, but they are definitely cauliflower popcorn as I saw them last night online after you mentioned M&S, with some type of dip.

Making vegan curry is quite easy. I had a vegetable curry at a new Curry place in Leicester called Tamatanga. last week end. They served it with white rice and naans. The vegetables were slightly undercooked and the sauce wasn't too bad. I was pleased that it contained no potatoes which I absolutely loathe in curry.

I may actually make some of those cauliflower 'popcorns' as they seem tasty.

Oh yes, the cauliflower popcorn is meant to be really nice. We only try one thing at a time though as their prices are so high! & you dont get much for it.

You're right shyvas, it would take a long time to try it all as theres so much now & new things all the time. It's great :D

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
What brand is this IS? Haven't actually spotted those!

We do get cauliflower hash browns from a brand called Strong Roots though - everything from that brand is sooo good imo. We regularly have the spinach bites & the different types of 'burgers'.

Also there are some new LM sausages - think they're Lincolnshire style, that are made with pea protein rather than soya (great for allergies) & they are also delicious.

Also there are some new LM sausages - think they're Lincolnshire style, that are made with pea protein rather than soya (great for allergies) & they are also delicious.

I had some LM bangers but they weren't the Lincolnshire style ones. I must have missed those.:confused:

I just tried the vegan bacon pieces in a sandwich, hmm, I wasn't too impressed as I thought the taste was too strong.

I had a vegetable curry at a new Curry place in Leicester called Tamatanga. last week end.

I went to a veggie restaurant in Leicester ages ago. It was called Mirch Masala, it was really nice as I recall.

What brand is this IS? Haven't actually spotted those!

I've had the Iceland cauliflower pizza base.

They do a vegan pizza there too.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I just tried the vegan bacon pieces in a sandwich, hmm, I wasn't too impressed as I thought the taste was too strong.

I went to a veggie restaurant in Leicester ages ago. It was called Mirch Masala, it was really nice as I recall.

I've had the Iceland cauliflower pizza base.

They do a vegan pizza there too.

I still home made curries far tastier. :D