UK Product Thread

The vegan scampi, the vegan Vivera bacon, Fry's sausage rolls, the Meatless farm sausages and some tempeh.

I really liked the scampi and the sausage rolls were quite nice too. I didn't like the bacon or the sausages at all.

I haven't tried the tempeh yet. I have the Violife feta cheese coming this weekend.

Reactions: Val
I just ate a Greggs vegan sausage roll. The meatiness was freaky, and it didn't help that little miss Summer was telling me it looked like the meat one, so we actually walked back to the store to make sure it was the vegan one. We compared it with the look of the meat rolls and decided it was definitely different.

So I would have preferred if it were less like meat.

I just ate a Greggs vegan sausage roll. The meatiness was freaky, and it didn't help that little miss Summer was telling me it looked like the meat one, so we actually walked back to the store to make sure it was the vegan one. We compared it with the look of the meat rolls and decided it was definitely different.

So I would have preferred if it were less like meat.

They keep them separate and use different tongs when serving them. :)

I really liked the filling as it's made with Quorn.:) I actually bought a huge Quorn sausage roll for my flight last Saturday as it's easy to have a filling meal on the go when you're travelling.✈

Reactions: Val
I always buy a huge stock of fruit infusions when I'm in the UK. I bought the following product from Sainsbury's and was
surprised by not only the taste but also by the heat of the chili, especially when served chilled, with extra lime juice.:p

Moreover, the product is on offer for only a £1.

A refreshing blend of sweet mango with a twist of lime and a sprinkle of chilli flakes

Our Taste the Difference infusions are made with all-natural ingredients carefully chosen by our master blenders for their rich flavours and delicate aromas. The result is a unique range of vibrant blends brimming with fruit, flowers, herbs or spices and free from artificial colours and flavours. Welcome to the taste of pure, natural refreshment.

I've been having Greek salad every day, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, vegan feta cheese with a drizzle of olive oil and some smoked Cornish sea salt.🌼

£2.75! I will still buy it, haha.

I bought a pasty at Waitrose for my dinner whilst I was in the UK. It was quite expensive but worth it as it made a very substantial meal served with a leaf salad. I actually think that it was the same one. :p

Yes, I like it. It does remind me of feta texture wise but I can't exactly remember the flavour.

Good. ;) I actually found it not bad at first but then had a hard time finishing the block. It actually made me feel slightly queasy. I think that it's the coconut oil which gives it a slightly too rich flavour.:(

I really like that Flying Goose Sriracha Mayo Sauce.

I'm trying one of the Tesco meat free chicken pies for brunch today. Shortcrust pastry filled with Portobello mushrooms and vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with a puff pastry sprinkled with thyme.

Reactions: Val and shyvas

I'm trying one of the Tesco meat free chicken pies for brunch today. Shortcrust pastry filled with Portobello mushrooms and vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with a puff pastry sprinkled with thyme.

Sounds good. :p I'm planning to make a batch of pasties for the freezer as you can imagine that we don't get any vegan pies over here.o_O

I bought some Quorn sausage rolls and 'meat' & vegetable pie back with me from the UK and they were very tasty indeed.:)

I do too! Which is funny because I dont sriracha OR mayo at al...