Post Something Cool From The Internet

"Calpeia. Amazing facial 3D reconstruction. 7.500-y.o. Neolitic woman".

"What would Calpeia look like nowadays".

This is for @Blues, @Lou , @Freesia , @Amy SF, @KLS52 , @Chryssie , @PTree15 , @silva , @NYC Gardener , @Veganite ...and everyone else who is interested in travelling and other peoples' cultures and way of living.
It's quite a decent documentary about Uzbekhistan (in English),- i think it's beautifully filmed. I really like Uzhbekhs and everything Uzbekh. We have plenty of Uzbekhs living in my hometown and in the city. They are nice people (at least, the vast majority). (Btw, my granny Nadya went to Samarkand once,- i wouldn't refuse to see Samarkand and other sites with my own eyes too).
Somedays, i was telling you (on VV) that i had met an Uzbekh guy in Kazan' (Tatarstan republic). He was my cab driver, and we had to overpass 11kms. I was going to one of the symbols of Tatarstan ("Bakhetle" supemarket, which means "Happiness"). My goal was to get a lot of groceries and souvenirs in a very limited time, lol,- that's why this time in Kazan' i never used the subway, not a single time (i'm a swine, i know, but talking to ALL local drivers was like a "cultural burst" in my mind,- very, very interesting, so why not...). So we (that Uzbekh and i) could have a small conversation. His Russian wasn't great, but i could understand him. I enjoyed this talk a lot! He was telling me about some interesting locations in the city. Besides the other things, he told me that Tatarian and Uzbekh languages are of the same group (basically), and that his ex-wife was Tatarian, but at home, they both never bothered to speak each other's languages (or study them): he was speaking Uzbekh, and she could understand, and she was speaking Tatarian, and his comprehension wasn't bad either!
Uzbekhistan:

Last edited:
Stunning female national costumes of Uzbekhistan (14 types from 14 regions).

E.T.A.
"How the Uzbekh female image has been changed over the last 100+ yrs". (It demands to push "Watch on Youtube" button, but it works).

Last edited:

50+ jamaican strongman standing on the streets of NY while talking bout healthy food. Veganism is for everyone. Peace and Blessing...

Reactions: Val

"....LOOK AT THIS PEOPLE! I made some BEAUTIFUL salad today......"

Is it just me or is it hilarious seeing the old Rasta and his son standing in the kitchen gettin all hyped about a good salad? Well... at least one of em is pretty excited....

China, Beijing. Videos filmed in 1920s. Colorization and ambient sound added.
Astonshing... amazing work.... how alive....after seeing it 3 times I still could go for one more before I sharing it with my friends...

Eddited to add: Watched it 5 times now... still amazing....

Last edited:
A movement for Animal Compassion and against Animal Cruelty.

Blin, when Bush Jr. started the war in Iraq, everyone over here decided that he was the worst president on Earth. Perhaps Trump would have started some war either, but he's already taught by other's mistakes what he should do and what he shouldn't. It seems incredible that there are still so many supporters who believe him and trust him. It's beyond my comprehension.:???:

• Agree
Reactions: Lou