Post Something Cool From The Internet

Would be good 😊 way to spend a day .
Not too bad $ wise .
I had a friend who owned a vegetarian restaurant he use to ring me up now and then to help him out …..it was hard work when the crowds came in , but enjoyable 😊
WHOA- ..."Comfortable dining area that can accommodate 110 guests"... I'm quite positive there are no veg places in my area that large. Too bad for me that this place is on the opposite side of the planet, although I would like to visit Australia: Wallabies, Koalas, and Dugongs... Oh, My!

• Agree
Reactions: Blues
interesting - how do you feel about it?

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I think it's cool.

However I do realize that my opinion is colored by the fiction I grew up with. You know the stories. they are classified as Pastoral Literature/ fiction/ science fiction and fantasy. For example Little House on the Prairie. The people live in harmony with the land. Ol' Bess spends her days grazing the back 40 while Little Nelly milks her morning and night and collects eggs. The chickens are in the garden eating bugs unless they have sneaked back into the kitchen. The Sheppard cares for his flock. The princess disguised as the Goose Girl (Bayern series)

Now as an adult I realize these stories are romanticized. But I still have them on a pedestal and long for simpler times - and the innocence they represented.

So these ducks remind me of those stories. And although they are exploited, they seem to be well cared for, too. The video says they get every other day off and then when they are older they get to retire (and not eaten). Not sure what happens to the eggs they lay but it sounds like the eggs are just a by-product.

In fact the operation does sound a lot like the stuff in the Goose Girl, Bayern series.

As a vegan I also realize that approving of this puts me on a slippery slope.

Back in the day people used horses for transportation. But the alternative was walking. Here they are using ducks for pest control. the alternative might be pesticides.

Reactions: Emma JC
thanks for your thoughts, I find my self loving the story too and then wondering if it is exploitation - certainly if it is as they say then it sounds like a lovely relationship

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

@Blues That video about a whole tribe whose members routinely use stilts floored me!!! My balance ain't that great when I'm on my own two feet...

I first thought of giving it a "Wow!" "like", but thought that might be interpreted as a negative reaction. But... WOW! It's still sad/scary to think they do this largely because venomous snakes are so common in their area.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Emma JC
@Blues That video about a whole tribe whose members routinely use stilts floored me!!! My balance ain't that great when I'm on my own two feet...

I first thought of giving it a "Wow!" "like", but thought that might be interpreted as a negative reaction. But... WOW! It's still sad/scary to think they do this largely because venomous snakes are so common in their area.
I agree with yuh Tom,my balance is not that great as well .
I thought it was a incredible example of using resources that they have to overcome a major obstacle.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
Quick question ... would you not need to know the value of x in order to calculate the answer?

(mind you, I am not a maths expert by any standard)

Quick question ... would you not need to know the value of x in order to calculate the answer?

(mind you, I am not a maths expert by any standard)
I don't know.

it's been 40 years since I used calculus (and even then I was just in a college class.) but I'm pretty sure that is a differential. and yeah you would probably need to know the value of x.