Pokémon GO

My general observation about Valor seems to be that it consists almost exclusively of two groups: terrible dudebros, and really cool kickass lesbians whose level you could never be on. That's what I've seen anyway.

I'll take it :p

Bunch of Valor kids kept sniping a gym right under me every time I took it from them (I say 'kids,' they were like 15. Kids but old enough to know better). I think they thought they were hot ****. Meanwhile, I was raking in exp like nobody's business from beating the gym up so many times, whereas them holding a gym benefits them in no way other than "haha we have a gym."

This happened to me the other day with a couple of team instinct people. Highly irritating. I just gave up in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: FortyTwo
I have some questions if anyone feels like answering.

Is it beneficial to continue to catch Pokemon you already have? The same ones seem to keep popping up. Or should you wait for new ones.

Do poke stops go away? One of the ones where I work is gone. I went on Friday and checked yesterday and it's not there. Booooo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some questions if anyone feels like answering.

Is it beneficial to continue to catch Pokemon you already have? The same ones seem to keep popping up. Or should you wait for new ones.

Do poke stops go away? One of the ones where I work is gone. I went on Friday and checked yesterday and it's not there. Booooo.

Yes - catching pokemon you already have gives you experience so you can level up, and candy so you can evolve them (and power them up). You might also catch something stronger that what you already have. What I tend to do is catch everything, then transfer everything except my strongest couple of each type (transferring also gives you a candy). Then I evolve the strongest ones when I have enough.

Here's some info about pokestop removal: http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/why-...-disappearing-gone-how-to-get-back-reinstate/

While you're out walking, you can help raise money for rescues using the ResQwalkApp.

ResQwalk is a FREE mobile app that enables you to raise money and resources for animal welfare organizations, simply by walking. Each month we announce a ResQpool of cash and other resources that have been provided by corporate sponsors. In order to earn part of the pool for your favorite animal welfare organization, all you have to do is download the ResQwalk app and start walking!

Over the past week the words POKEMON GO have been everywhere. What’s so cool – and why we’re extra excited – is that people are using ResQwalk while they hunt for Pokemon. This is awesome for rescue animals and for the animal welfare organizations that help find these babies homes.

http://resqwalk.com/

Yes - catching pokemon you already have gives you experience so you can level up, and candy so you can evolve them (and power them up). You might also catch something stronger that what you already have. What I tend to do is catch everything, then transfer everything except my strongest couple of each type (transferring also gives you a candy). Then I evolve the strongest ones when I have enough.

Here's some info about pokestop removal: ‘Pokemon GO’: Why Are Pokestops & Gyms Disappearing? Can You Get Them Back?
Thanks, Aery!

Hahahahaha!
07102c457b43316bce3a77d4b6bfa8db.jpg

I hit the poke stop jackpot yesterday! Going back in a little while because my friend was driving and I wasn't going to ask her to pull over at every one, lol. I'll park at the library and take a nice stroll down the street. I get ridiculously excited when I catch one that I don't already have. And I still haven't had the time to figure out what to do in the gym.

Pokémon Go loses its luster, sheds more than 10 million users

Engagement, downloads, and time spent in the app are fading fast.

Pokémon Go loses its luster, sheds more than 10 million users

Pokémon Go is starting to lose its buzz, with the latest tracking data seeming to suggest the game is simply a fad.

It had almost 45 million daily users in July, but this figure appears to have sunk by more than 12 million since the start of August, to just over 30 million said to be playing
Pokémon Go. Further decline is expected, as downloads, engagement, and the time users spend on the app have all also visibly flopped, according to data provided by Sensor Tower, SurveyMonkey, and Apptopia.

Bloomberg, which saw the raw data,
reported that other major apps such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat "can breathe a sigh of relief" that Pokémon Go is finally wobbling, as the game's popularity had apparently been costing them considerable amounts of users.

"Given the rapid rise in usage of the Pokémon Go app since the launch in July, investors have been concerned that this new user experience has been detracting from time spent on other mobile focused apps," said Axiom Capital Management analyst Victor Anthony

This is inevitable with something that not only gets really popular really quickly, but which has such a massive slowdown in progression like Pokemon Go does. I imagine most people who were casually into the game are hitting Level 20 right about now and they're not happy with the increase in catch difficulty, the amount of EXP needed to advance, and the fact that they aren't finding as many new Pokemon as before (which is natural as you fill in the common ones gradually).

Not surprising at all to me. I think the app is still going strong though - 30 million users is quite a lot. What will really make a difference is how many stay with it through the rest of this year and the start of the next. Hopefully Niantic is able to keep up with peoples' interest and release new content as time goes on. Looking forward to the new "Appraisals" update that's coming very soon, IV checking online is a chore.

Not surprising at all to me. I think the app is still going strong though - 30 million users is quite a lot.

I have no stake in the success or failure of Pokemon GO. I've never played it, and don't know anyone in real life who has played it.

I just came across this article in arstechnica.com while reading an article about the 25th anniversary of the birth of Linux.

Linux turns 25, is bigger and more professional than ever

I guess I was surprised because I had not realized that the "trends" could be so volatile.

I'm curious to know what the "pest" pokemon are where other people live. I started to wonder after I saw this image (under spoiler for language):

80032213c55e7103e100881baa050653.jpg

I've never even seen a doduo around here, let alone caught that many! However, we are completely overrun with drowzee. They're everywhere. As well as the seemingly universal pidgeys, ratatas, and zubats. There's also a ton of Magikarp in the city centre.

So, what are there loads of around your area?

I've never seen that two headed guy, either. I get tons of weedles, caterpies, eevees, Nidorans, venonats, zubats and pidgeys. The pidgeys annoy me the most. They taunt and mock me...makes me so mad, lol.

My partner has a new phone, so we might play tomorrow night on his account. Still not for Windows phone, mine. His GPS was not working too well on his old phone.