US New items at Trader Joe's

Again, the pickles. I had no problems with finding bread and butter pickles without corn syrup, that I liked. Tj's was the last ones lately, and now they are not nearly as crisp as they were! Aldi added corn syrup, Mt Olive naturals got soft, now TJ's are soft, and just aren't right.
The soft pickle thing is so annoying. My last jar from Aldi has been like that. Very disappointing.

The soft pickle thing is so annoying. My last jar from Aldi has been like that. Very disappointing.
I think I will return them.
I'll try Nathans horseradish chunks. Haven't had them in a long time, but remember them being good, slightly spicy and sweet, refrigerated.
I missed having a traditional relish tray at christmas!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I just came back from TJ's and boy, they were crowded! I went for crucifereous crunch salad mix, and also got a raw veggie mix that was similair, but also had cauliflower, pea pods and broccoli.
A bag of satsumas, which are super easy to peel. Those always disappoint as seeming a bit watery, but very good in salad
Jackfruit
Found the dairy free chocolate chips are now in dark, semi, and chunks. Got semi sweet
Frozen strawberries
frozen Mushroom Medley--been wanting to try these in a linguini. Realized I did not check for dairy
Edamame, shelled and unshelled
Vacuum packed olives
sprouted tofu
another soy chorizo
candied ginger slices
Veg biryani for a special work lunch
Their large macaroni
Japanese sweet potato
Bread & butter pickle slices
That looks like a great haul. I don't think I've ever heard of sprouted tofu before.

That looks like a great haul. I don't think I've ever heard of sprouted tofu before.
I've only ever seen it at TJ's, but I really only pay attention to tofu there, Aldi, and I USED to at the Korean store, which has raised prices more than the others!

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I just used the Mushroom Medley with a half pound of whole wheat spaghettie and fresh spinach. It truly was as good as I'd hoped!
So crazy easy too. I used the IP to cook the pasta--just on the saute not pressure--and after about 5 min put the mix in a big pot and simmered, chopped a bag of fresh spinach and added to mushrooms with some pasta water, then used tongs to mix in the spaghetti.
I wish I had some FYH parm (never tried TJ's), but I used a good amount of nooch
The mushroom medly was $3.99
Aldi whole wheat pasta $2 a lb, so $1 here
Bag of fresh spinach from Aldi like $2 I think
Very much worth it!
images
Trader-Joes-Mushroom-Medley-2-379x1024.jpg

I wish I had some FYH parm (never tried TJ's), but I used a good amount of nooch
I'm missing Go Veggie! parmesan. Haven't seen it since before Covid.
I got at the supermarket Chao Creamery shreds. Seems like it's good on everything.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm missing Go Veggie! parmesan. Haven't seen it since before Covid.
I got at the supermarket Chao Creamery shreds. Seems like it's good on everything.
I was ordering it from amazon...$13.50 for a two pack 4 oz each. But I switched to follow your heart. I don't see a difference in how they taste and I can get it at Big Y but it's $5.99 for 5 oz. I also prefer the container because the shaker holes are big. I always had trouble getting the go veggie out of the container.

Reactions: Lou
I was ordering it from amazon...$13.50 for a two pack 4 oz each. But I switched to follow your heart. I don't see a difference in how they taste and I can get it at Big Y but it's $5.99 for 5 oz. I also prefer the container because the shaker holes are big. I always had trouble getting the go veggie out of the container.
I've only had fyh in the tub- I forgot they even have a shaker type!

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I'm going tomorrow, so will check
The onion dip is just too sweet for anything I'd want it for
I just don't like citrus with heat, though so many do! For me it intensifies the heat in an unpleasant way

it seems like almost everything on the list is spicy. I don't like spicy.
But there were a few items on that list that weren't spicy that I haven't had yet. So I have some new stuff to try

it seems like almost everything on the list is spicy. I don't like spicy.
But there were a few items on that list that weren't spicy that I haven't had yet. So I have some new stuff to try
Oh yeah, and they have those sesame stick snacks that are lightly seasoned. I find them on a bottom shelf I never notice unless I look for them> I like them on salads and soups

Anyone have the Meatess Bulgogi strips?
I love to try new things, but really think I'll be disappointed. I loathe their meatless pizza!

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I love the vegan tzatziki dip! I haven't tried any of the others on the list, but a couple of them sound like they might be good, like the peanut butter-caramel popcorn and the quinoa dolmas. I had high hopes for the spinach-cashew ravioli, but they were bland. They needed some garlic or onion or something. Fortunately, I made them palatable with vegan pesto and shredded Violife Parm.

Reactions: Lou
I love the vegan tzatziki dip! I haven't tried any of the others on the list, but a couple of them sound like they might be good, like the peanut butter-caramel popcorn and the quinoa dolmas. I had high hopes for the spinach-cashew ravioli, but they were bland. They needed some garlic or onion or something. Fortunately, I made them palatable with vegan pesto and shredded Violife Parm.
What do you think of TJs parm? I'd like some to top a Mushroom Medley pizza. or maybe their cashew mozz

Oh yeah, and they have those sesame stick snacks that are lightly seasoned. I find them on a bottom shelf I never notice unless I look for them> I like them on salads and soups
Every time I got to TJs I get those. Safeway has something similar but it's honey flavored.