US New items at Trader Joe's

Oh yeah, I had their veg biryani for lunch. I was so looking forward to it too, but did not like it. Too many peas. They and the edamame were chewy, spices seemed to one dimensional and I don't even know what it was

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
What do you think of TJs parm? I'd like some to top a Mushroom Medley pizza. or maybe their cashew mozz
I think it's decent. I like Violife better, but TJ's is a pretty good backup. I just bought the TJ's mozz shreds. I think I've had them before and liked them. Aldi didn't have any vegan cheese on my last trip, so I got TJ's instead.

Reactions: Tom L. and Lou
I think it's decent. I like Violife better, but TJ's is a pretty good backup. I just bought the TJ's mozz shreds. I think I've had them before and liked them. Aldi didn't have any vegan cheese on my last trip, so I got TJ's instead.
I was just there and stood looking at cheses and just walked away.
I made a joke about getting all ready to make my own, with the Non dairy evolution book, a stash of carrageenan, and failed attempts being my final straw at wanting cheese. I think it's true! o_O
I got the Mushroom Medley for pizza, so I'll try Chef Skyes parm, or maybe mozz
I also found the Heirloom oranges :starshower:They taste like the oranges of my childhood-when an orange tasted like an orange and not penicillin
Also tried the frozen rice cake things my son had been wanting to try. He says after you soak them you can bake or airfry and they puff up
I passed up so many things I wanted! Even the dark chocolate truffle bar at the checkout that looked vegan

• Friendly
Oh man, I opened these and they are sooo good! $1.69
cq5dam.web.1280.1280

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
Reactions: KLS52
Oh, man, so did I! I have been eating a couple of squares a day. Yikes.
Same. I doubt (hope) one bar will do any damage but it's frustrating all the same. I'm considering trashing it but wondering if I'm being overly dramatic.

Of course, the chocolate that is the safest is Ghirardelli's which isn't vegan. Their chocolate chips used to be, I believe, but then they changed their ingredients.

Taza brand has dark chocolate that's vegan.
Mast also. Now to just find them in stores. I imagine they are available online but it's always more expensive that way.

Taza brand has dark chocolate that's vegan.
Mast also. Now to just find them in stores. I imagine they are available online but it's always more expensive that way.
I tried the vegan Taza, and I didn't like it. It was dry and crumbly and not creamy at all. I don't know if all the flavors are like that, but I thought the ones I tried were awful (plain and raspberry, I believe). :D I was thinking I should trash the TJ's chocolate, too. That was the first time I bought the TJ's dark chocolate, so I'm hoping I haven't done too much damage. :D I still have half of it left.

• Informative
You are lucky! Unfortunately it isn't in the U.S. I used to be able to get the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips but they changed the recipe and added milk fat. Disappointing.
I just wrote to them for confirmation that they do not have any non dairy dark chocolate They were very quick with a reply and said they do not make dairy free chocolate. 😞

• Sad
I don't see anything about TJs chocolate chips?
I hope Moser Roth are ok.
Wasn't Lindt on the safe list? I really like Lindt!

That list was so specific--I like Chocolove a lot, but not the ones listed as having heavy metals

Anyone subscribe to Consumer Reports?

Just made TJ's fresh bagged Ready Veggies with fettucine noodles and their curry simmer sauce..Wish I'd added tofu...
So good and easy. I should have started the noodles cooking first as the veg only need a max of 7 minutes.
I wasn't at all sure how much sauce there would be, but perfect for the bag of veg and 8 oz pasta--could have made more

I learned they discontinued the curry simmer sauce! :confused:

Today I made a pizza crust, topped with Violife Mozz and covered with TJ's mushroom medley.
OMG people! That was tremendously good!
I've always complained about vegan pizza--just the whole don't want to make it myself thing--but this one tops any I've ordered. And it's pretty easy
Could have bought TJs dough and cashew mozz, but I prefer my own & Violife

I don't see anything about TJs chocolate chips?
I hope Moser Roth are ok.
Wasn't Lindt on the safe list? I really like Lindt!

That list was so specific--I like Chocolove a lot, but not the ones listed as having heavy metals

Anyone subscribe to Consumer Reports?
My dad subscribes and usually gives me his copy after he's read it.

I didn't know Lindt made any chocolate that was vegan. And yes, that list was really specific, so I don't know whether it applies to all of the dark chocolate from TJ's or the other brands listed. I don't think Lindt was on the safe list. I remember Taza and Ghirardelli being on it, though.

I got some of their Veggie Bites last night to snack on. Easy and fast to cook in a toaster oven or air fryer. Tasty but not great, but not un-healthy either. I'll get them again.
Only had some BBQ flavored dip. I think maybe they would be better with a ranch.

• Informative
My dad subscribes and usually gives me his copy after he's read it.

I didn't know Lindt made any chocolate that was vegan. And yes, that list was really specific, so I don't know whether it applies to all of the dark chocolate from TJ's or the other brands listed. I don't think Lindt was on the safe list. I remember Taza and Ghirardelli being on it, though.
I remember Lindt had the dark chocolate Easter bunny...the one wrapped in foil. That was vegan. Not sure if it still is. They do have the oat milk bars now though. I bought them at the Lindt store at the outlets. I was not impressed. I let son eat them.

I just wrote to Ghirardelli's and they emailed back saying they do not have any non dairy chocolate. 😞