New here from Glastonbury

Trinity

YES!
Reaction score
I am new here, although I've been a vegan for over half my life for 20 years. I'm really amazed to see such a busy forum here, with all sorts of interesting subjects going on.

I'm a mum and had a very successful vegan pregnancy about 15 years ago. I felt incredibly isolated back then with little support for my choices, although I am so pleased to be able to look back and know that going with what my heart felt to do was the best thing that could have happened to me. Even thought I didn't know any other vegans at the time, there was always something tugging within in me to make the right choices.

I'd love to be able to share and support others on the journey of staying vegan and look forward to sharing, helping and learning more myself.

I love vegan cooking, creating new recipes and cater for retreats from time to time.

I look forward to connecting and being part of this wonderful community.

Trinity

:welcome:

Welcome to 'VV! I hope you like it here. :)

I was all set to respond to your post in the Introductions thread, and a second later, poof! it was gone! I was weirded out for a minute. :p

Reactions: Trinity
Hello and welcome. Wow 20 years of being a vegan, that's fantastic!

:welcome: If you have any questions, just ask! :)

:wave: and welcome.

It must be cool to live in Glastonbury.:)
Thanks Moll. I feel so blessed to live in Glastonbury with a few vegan-friendly cafes and restaurants a stones throw from my house and a brilliant all-you-could-ever-need huge health food store on my doorstep. Being vegan seems pretty normal here, so I've not really connected much with the vegan community anywhere else over the last 8 years. But I feel that I've also been missing out!

:welcome:

Welcome to 'VV! I hope you like it here. :)

I was all set to respond to your post in the Introductions thread, and a second later, poof! it was gone! I was weirded out for a minute. :p
Thank you for the warm welcome - sorry about that. I was a little confused about where to post for a minute there.
This is such a wonderful forum with a plethora of stuff going on. I'm really looking forward to joining the womens only forum, when I am allowed to. :rose:

hello.

I went to Glastonbury town once, and bought some books from a big second hand bookshop.

Belated welcome! 20 years is impressive. It was harder back then, and I can imagine the pregnancy didn't make it any easier. Well done sticking to your vegan convictions.

Belated welcome! 20 years is impressive. It was harder back then, and I can imagine the pregnancy didn't make it any easier. Well done sticking to your vegan convictions.
Thank you Indian Summer. I was really blessed with an incredibly strong will, which really kept me on track, even when I didn't know anyone else. Thank you for the kind words and welcome. It's lovely to be here.

Doesn't anyone use their real name here - or avatar?
Maybe I need to come up with something more original! :tinfoilhat:
Any ideas???

Any ideas???
Occasionally I do use an avatar which is a real picture of myself. And I think several members here do in fact use their first names as their usernames. So it's not unheard of! The use of real names is less common on Internet forums, or at least that used to be the case. It's one of the things that makes it different from FB, Google Plus and such. It makes it easier to protect your privacy, which in turn gives you more freedom to speak your mind.

Any ideas???
Occasionally I do use an avatar which is a real picture of myself. And I think several members here do in fact use their first names as their usernames. So it's not unheard of! The use of real names is less common on Internet forums, or at least that used to be the case. It's one of the things that makes it different from FB, Google Plus and such. It makes it easier to protect your privacy, which in turn gives you more freedom to speak your mind.

This is true. I use my real name as well as the first letters of my middle and last names. If Trinity has meaning for you, then there's no reason to change it to anything else.

As for my avatar, for the longest time both here and on another board I used an image of Lisa Simpson, but these days I like to change my avatar every so often to something interesting or seasonal. Feel free to do the same if you want.