May Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I did another of my "functional" workouts as I like to call them. I dug up two more heavy stones used for hedging and pulled out another bush by the roots (mostly). I was at it for about 40 minutes and could have gone longer had the sun not set. My goal is to finish that by the weekend so I can put in seeds and maybe some berry bushes. The snow/frost is finally over for good, so I need to get stuff planted.

Last night I made two more "salads" that are actually more like side dishes or appetizers: marinated mushrooms and roasted parsnips with dressing. Then tonight I made brown rice in the rice cooker. All I'm missing is protein . . . except that I did make a peanut-butter-banana smoothie with soy milk earlier, which I guess counts.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Hi jinga! Good luck on your goals! :)

Reactions: Jinga
This morning was perfect weather for a walk! It was sunny and about 55 degrees. My friend and I did the big hills at work, but I skipped my planks. I haven't slept great the past three nights, and I was not prepared for the planks. However, I WILL do them after work. :D The walk was great, though. I'm guessing we did close to 3 miles, as we were booking up those hills today. :D
I did well on eating yesterday, too. No junk food and I kept the white carbs to one meal. :)

Reactions: Katrina
To hell with eating healthy! I just discovered Amy’s Crunchy English Toffee with Almonds...it’s vegan and the most delicious toffee I ever ate! I consumed the entire bar...all 7 points of it. No dinner for me tonight! Hahahahaha!

I ordered two new dresses that are one dress size smaller yesterday as I want to wear a new dress to the concert I'm going to in 6 and 1/2 weeks. That means I probably need to lose a stone (14 pounds) in that time or neither of the dresses will fit!;)

I felt like getting dressed up for a change and I'm going to go to one of my favourite restaurants too so I felt like I needed some motivation to lose some more weight.:D

Reactions: Val
I certainly have lose fat, although the scale isn't showing it as I thought it would o_O
I clearly remember when I first found my sides had squish, they no longer do :D
WFPB, no oil or sugar certainly delivers all that it promises, but dam, I'm feeling some cravings!
I did make farro and found I like it better than oatmeal for breakfast. I added some chopped dates and a splash of unsweetened almond milk and cinnamon
I have to say- how do these overweight people wear such tight jeans to sit in all day :eek:. I wore rather loose jeans and still felt uncomfortable as they kinda cut into my crotch. I'll wear them outside of work, but to sit in and work on higher chairs? No thanks!

I shouldn't be surprised by how much food effects you physically, but I sure am :jump:
I've been really strict eating wfpb, no oil, NO sugars, (still do salt), with little cheating on weekends. I've gone from having to slowly stretch out when I get up at work, not able to do much cardio at all, painful ankles and knee, to exercising every morning and after work, including jogging in place :dance:, something I couldn't do before!
I will admit I'm not one to say " omg, all this healthy food is sooooooo yummmmmmy" :rolleyes: Cause I don't. I miss vegan mayo and white carbs a lot...:oops:
I do feel a bit smug as my co worker does nothing but complain about her arthritis, and problems losing weight. She takes my advice on supplements but food- not so much

Oh yeah- I take a 'shot' of tumeric and black pepper in a T of ac vinegar every morning, and ground flax in smoothies. I think that helps greatly!

I've been feeling pretty crummy these past two weeks. I did manage to get to my last tennis lesson and it was so fun! I will miss the lessons over the summer, but it was like 90 degrees in the gym that last day, so I cannot imagine how hot it will be for summer lessons. I do want to focus on doing a couch to 5k this summer. Hopefully, I will be feeling better soon. Over the past few weeks, I have recovered from a cold, then I had several days of stomach issues and back pain, lots of fatigue, and now one of my tonsils is disturbing (I have a call into the doctor about that one). I am wondering if some of the issues are due to not getting enough calories with the change in diet, but I am not really feeling overly hungry. It has been hard to eat right feeling so bad, so it's sort of a catch 22 thing. Hoping to get some rest and an answer about the tonsil thing, so I can feel better and get back to some goals. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey, everybody! Last week was good food-wise, but I lost a few days of exercise with the crazy work schedule. I've been doing the planks though, but I've kept them to a minute and a half or so. I think that's plenty for right now. When my sister gets back from vacation, we're going to do a squats challenge. I'm really trying to work the core, and I think those planks are paying off. I did a ton of cleaning yesterday at my folks' beach house, and usually I'm sore the next day because there is so much squatting and arm motion involved. My legs are a bit tight, but my arms are fine. They aren't even tired! I was very happy about that.

Reactions: KLS52
I went to yoga this past Thursday. Last night we went to a friend's place and played Marco Polo in the pool. That was a good workout! Today I did a bit more yard work.

As for food, I've been doing really crappy. My appetite is still meh. I've gotta pick up more groceries. All I can really stomach right now is fresh fruit and raw veggies. Maybe a smoothie.

Getting my 2 mike morning walks in. Even hit 14,000 steps for a few days. Maintaining my weight loss. Really feeling the effects of eating more healthy and consuming way less sugar.

I've slipped quite a bit :oops:. In the past week I've used oil, bought tortilla chips, added salt to things I could barely choke down....They're a lot of popular recipes people post as 'yummy' Many pretty colors of veggies and fruits do not make things necessarily taste good :rolleyes:
I really can feel the difference. I slacked off on the morning exercise as I haven't been sleeping well. I can feel I'm losing inches from how my clothes fit, but the scale isn't moving. I really haven't added many calories, just poor choices.

I've slipped quite a bit :oops:. In the past week I've used oil, bought tortilla chips, added salt to things I could barely choke down....They're a lot of popular recipes people post as 'yummy' Many pretty colors of veggies and fruits do not make things necessarily taste good :rolleyes:
I really can feel the difference. I slacked off on the morning exercise as I haven't been sleeping well. I can feel I'm losing inches from how my clothes fit, but the scale isn't moving. I really haven't added many calories, just poor choices.
Don’t let it discourage you. Just shoot for next week to be better. I had a bad week last month and gained two pounds that quickly. But it doesn’t have to undo all of your progress, especially with regard to healthier eating. :hug:

I hope you are enjoying good health and managing to achieve your goals.
\Currently, I'm in India and summer is on, the temperature is above 42-degrees Celcius which making lot difficult to work out as due to summer and after the workout, I sweat a lot but after all, I have my daily routine exercise and workout. I workout for 90 min in a gym and 10 minute morning exercise as I already set a goal which I want to achieve by the end of June month. Problem is with me is that I need to take care of my protein intake as due to summer I need to maintain my body cool and if I missed my consume measurement of protein I will lead to sickness. hopefully you all guys have the best wishes to accomplish your goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.