US Manhunt for Christopher Dorner

I'd like to know more about what happened.

Is "burner" accepted slang for a tear/smoke gas cannister? Why did the cabin catch on fire - are these things unsafe? Several news sources comment that these cannisters were "incendiary" - why would these even be used?

That's not what I'm hearing, but then I am only able to catch an occasional word clearly.

There's an upset cop (I assume) shouting. If he shouted burn that ****ing house down, does that really translate to a plan by the police to burn Dorner alive?

I don't think the plan was ever to take Dorner alive. Cops hate black people and cop killers, and Dorner was both.

I don't think the plan was ever to take Dorner alive. Cops hate black people and cop killers, and Dorner was both.

Do black cops hate black people?

I'm seeing an awful lot of sweeping generalizations here, but that's nothing new when the police are the subject of conversation.

Having belonged to a profession which also tends to have a lot of sweeping generalizations made about it, I tend to notice when it's done to others. Of course, I would think that veg*ns, being subjected to a lot of sweeping negative generalizations, would also be sensitive to doing it to others, but....

There's an upset cop (I assume) shouting. If he shouted burn that ****ing house down, does that really translate to a plan by the police to burn Dorner alive?

Well as a citizen - if I shouted to my neighbor: 'I'm going to blow your ******* head off' - and then said neighbor died by getting his head blown off - provided I was at the scene and someone overheard me saying that, I suspect I would be handcuffed and taken away in short order .

Well, as someone who has worked in team situations with other people, I would hate to be held accountable for something that was said in the heat of the moment in a tense situation by another member of the team. Even more so would I resent an accusation that I was part of a "plan."

And I would be even less inclined to be held responsible for what a coworker might say in a situation where co-workers were shot right next to me and we were all still under fire.

Now, if immediately after this was said, multiple officers on the scene had started shooting flaming arrows into the house, you could make a reasonable argument that there was a plan to burn the house down. Even then, the plan would be to burn the house down, not to burn Dorner alive, since there were multiple exits from the cabin.

Whatever the intentions of the police, it's pretty clear that Dorner did not intend on being taken alive.

That's not what I'm hearing, but then I am only able to catch an occasional word clearly.

Edit:
At 23 seconds in: burn that ****ing house down.
At 38 seconds in: burn it down
At 41 seconds in: Do it right now - ******* burn this motherf * ing ...

This may have been one or multiple upset cops shouting to burn it down. Wouldn't that at least indicate if not a plan, then intent?

Seeing as there is nothing left of the house but ashes - and a universally agreed upon corrupt police department invovled - the sweeping generalization is not surprising - perhaps apropos.

Edit:
At 23 seconds in: burn that ****ing house down.
At 38 seconds in: burn it down
At 41 seconds in: Do it right now - ****ing burn this motherf * ing ...

This may have been one or multiple upset cops shouting to burn it down. Wouldn't that at least indicate if not a plan, then intent?

Seeing as there is nothing left of the house but ashes - and a universally agreed upon corrupt police department invovled - the sweeping generalization is not surprising - perhaps apropos.

I believe the manhunt ended in San Bernadino County, and it was the San Bernadino County Sheriff's department on scene. I was not aware that that department has a reputation for being "universally agreed upon corrupt."

The United States has a "black-hating" justice system.

I don't disagree (at all) that the justice system is stacked against minorities and poor people, with the proviso that wealth and/or celebrity almost always trumps minority status. (O.J. Simpson being a case in point.)

That doesn't, however, translate to all, most, many or even a significant mumber of black police officers, judges, lawyers, prison personnel, etc. hating black people.

The most significant institutionalized inequity in the judicial system along racial lines which remains today are the drug laws which differentiate in harshness of sentencing guidelines between drugs used primarily by poor people and those used by people with money. And those weren't enacted by black people in the law enforcement sector, or even by the law enforcement sector.

I believe the manhunt ended in San Bernadino County, and it was the San Bernadino County Sheriff's department on scene. I was not aware that that department has a reputation for being "universally agreed upon corrupt."

I could be mistaken - but I thought there were multiple units on the scene, not just the San Bernadino County SD. Are you certain otherwise? I would think every available cop for miles around would be summoned to the scene. Especially a case this high profile.

I posted a link to a transcription of what was being said on the police scanner as it was happening. I think it shows that they were planning on starting a fire. Notice they have LA Fire ships in place at 3:04, and then a fire starts at 4:17. Why call for any fire units an hour before a fire starts, unless you knew there was going to be one? This isn't the entire transcription, you can read the whole thing here.

In spoilers due to length.
3:04pm 40K to Control - Info only - a bunch of LA deputies just showed up and inserted on that (plateau?) about 1/4 mile(I think) from the scene; not sure if they were invited.
LA Fire Ship info? Copy; per 61C get all other aircraft out of the area, he'd appreciate it.
LA Fire Ships inserted up the ridge about 1/2 mile from the location - multiple SWAT members. Probably headed for the ridge about 1/2 mile from the incident location.

3:05pm Team of 6 guys on the #4 side with 2 snipers.

3:06pm LA County flew 3 or 4 helicopters up here. They inserted into a field 1/2 mile north of the location; dropped off 15 SWAT guys all dressed in black. Not sure if they were invited or if there is any coordination with those guys. We need to pass that on to the powers that be.

3:27pm We still have 330 closed, but 18, towards Crestline should be open, let's keep it like that.
Copy.

3:31pm 330 is still shut down; per Chief (Cuzimano?) that should be opened.
Advise the units that 330 is to be opened.

4:34pm http://bearvalleyusd.org/ As of 2:10 pm today, February 12, 2013, the lockdown at BBHS, BLES and CTHS has been lifted. Buses will be running and parents can pick up their students. FVES remains on lockdown.
Fallsvale Elementary School
40600 Valley of the Falls Dr. Forest Falls

4:04pm 61C 61L: Back the Bear down and then deploy the burner through the turret.
He's not shooting back; he may be down.
Confirm you know there is a basement in that residence.
Affirmed.

4:06pm Transcribers Synopsis: Units on scene have been working to tear the house apart on the sides of the house that they have been able to secure. There is now talk of taking down the kitchen wall and it has been noted by the ground units that a blood splatter has been observed on one of the interior walls.

4:13pm Green smoke inside the house.
Not SBD smoke. Diversion.
Can you go to the back?
He's in the 1-4 corner of the house.
Push him back towards the 1-2 if you can.
He deployed another smoke.

4:14pm We're going to be deploying a gas burner to the #1 side from the Bear.

4:17pm 7 burners have deployed and we have a fire.

4:17pm Fire in the front, he might come out the back

4:19pm #1 side fully engulfed; fire on the floor.

4:23pm Sound like one shot fired from inside the residence.
All primary units stand by; maintain your discipline.
The 1-2 corner fully engulfed.

4:31pm Status check? Code 4, on the #4 side. Do we have fire back there yet? That's affirm. That's affirm. The #2 and 4 side are fully involved. Only have #3 side left.
Any propane cylinders back there that we need to be aware of?
No, not that I can see from my position.

4:33pm Do you want have fire start putting water on it once the roof starts to collapse?
Affirm; but we're not quite there yet. The #2-3 is still vulnerable.
We'll move Fire 200 yards out.
There is still alot of room on the 3-4 corner that hasn't engulfed yet.

4:35pm We still have ammo going off in the fire.

4:47pm Battalion 131 we're still not ready for you. We still have live ammo going off.
Bat131 we have a firefighter that was raised in that building and he is familiar with it. The basement is 12x15.

4:52pm Fire is doing quite well. The 2-3 or the 3-4 is where that basement is located.
Standing by for your call for Fire - whenever you're ready.

4:52pm Allowing residents of Mountain Home Village, Angelus Oaks and Forest Falls up the 38 at Bryant. All others are being turned around.

4:57pm You guys are my eyes back there. If you see anything catching fire that shouldn't, let me know. Otherwise let it go.
Getting information that there is a propane tank at the rear of the residence near a garage. Be aware, if it goes it will be about a 50 yard debris field.
Copy

6:06pm Fire Dept has been allowed in to the scene; no word yet on whether anyone was found...
We need a lighting unit out here.

I could be mistaken - but I thought there were multiple units on the scene, not just the San Bernadino County SD. Are you certain otherwise? I would think every available cop for miles around would be summoned to the scene. Especially a case this high profile.

I guess that would mean that all of the various law enforcement departments in the area were in on the "plan"?