US Manhunt for Christopher Dorner

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This is happening in Southern California, so I don't know if it's in the news anywhere else.

Christopher Dorner was an LAPD cop who reported another officer for using excessive force on a suspect, and was subsequently fired for making a false report, even though there was video showing the assault.

He wrote a long manifesto about all the corruption going on in the LAPD (which is pretty much known to everyone in LA), even naming specific incidents and officers. He killed the daughter and her fiancee of one of the cops and put the manifesto online, admitting to the killings. He then shot three more cops (one died) and said he plans to kill more to rid the police dept of the corruption, and also as revenge.

I feel somewhat sorry for him as I can understand the frustration of not being believed, and even being made to look like the bad guy. I read most of the manifesto and have no doubt that the incidents are true. But, I wish he had found another way to go about making all of this known. Instead of shooting that couple and random cops, he should have gone to the media with everything he knows.

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but, I would not have shed a tear if he had killed any of the abusive cops. They basically have a free pass to assault and harass people at will.

The cops here are obviously scared as they are shooting at innocent people. They shot a couple of people who were driving cars similar to the one he was in (one person had been out delivering newspapers). People have been joking that it isn't a good day to be outside in L.A. if you're black. Sadly, this is actually true right now. http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...aken-ID-in-Ex-Officers-Manhunt-190238221.html

Here is a link to his manifesto, it's the only place I could find where parts of it weren't censored: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/02/christopher-jordan-dorner-lapd-manifesto-monica-quan/

This is the censored version:
http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-dorners-so-called-manifesto/

More info on the story:
http://gma.yahoo.com/ex-la-cop-sought-shootings-3-cops-2-101603335--abc-news-topstories.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...o-people-in-hunt-for-suspected-killer-ex-cop/

The LAPD just announced in a news conference that they aren't going to be responding to any calls today they think are minor. Thanks for letting all the criminals know they have free reign to commit minor offenses today. o_O

Well, this seems to be the thing about being a cop in America. The cops in my experience seems to fall in three categories:

A. Corrupt and/or lazy.
B. Jaded into being ineffectual.
or
C. Slowly being driven insane.

What he has done/is doing is wrong. Period. It's not even excusable on the grounds of heat of the moment. He was fired in 2008, so he has let all this fester for four years, to the point of exploding.

You can feel yourself wronged and your life dramatically altered for the worse because of it to the point of having difficulty not lashing out, but if you dwell on it and let it fester for years after, that's a choice you make, no matter how much your life may have turned to **** because of how you were wronged.

I dont feel sorry for him at all. And he killed people who werent even the cops. If he was so concerned about corruption he could have made a video and put it online or something, not gone around on a murder spree. Ive seen photos of him, he looks like a sort of scary psycho.

Stupid that the cops are randomly shooting people in similar cars though. They are just as bad as he is.

Stupid that the cops are randomly shooting people in similar cars though. They are just as bad as he is.

Well, by "similar cars", you mean the suspect's vehicle and the vehicle of the first pair of victims were both blue trucks. Dorner had a Nissan Titan. The victims had a Toyota Tachoma.

You think the fact that police would know the difference. Or the fact that it's hard to confuse a pair of women with a solitary black man. According to some of the accounts, one of the women was shot in the back.

It's rather suspicious that the police appear to have shot up the rear of the vehicle:

6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40da0bf1970c-640wi

Then a half hour later the police shot up a black Honda Ridgeline.

These incidents seem worthy of a criminal investigation, with charges brought against the officers for attempted murder if it is shown that the officers fired recklessly before failing to properly identify the vehicle and their occupants.

All they are really doing is proving his point. Still I hope he is caught soon.

The man is obviously mentally unstable. It could be a result of being on the police force and having to make life or death decisions in a split second, something like PTSD. I understand the cops he shot at and killed were in Riverside, which isn't Los Angeles. It's not even in the same county.

On Thursday, before they found his truck abandoned in the Big Bear area, they had Call 911 and the details of his truck on all theh digital freeway signs, instead of the usual info such as how many minutes to wherever, so obviously they're freaked out about this guy.

But it does **** me off that they seem to zero in on this guy to the exclusion of everything else.

I guess I don't understand why people just don't shoot the specific people they have a grudge with? What's the point of killing random people. You'r not hurting the person you're angry at by killing someone they don't know.

Well, by "similar cars", you mean the suspect's vehicle and the vehicle of the first pair of victims were both blue trucks. Dorner had a Nissan Titan. The victims had a Toyota Tachoma.

You think the fact that police would know the difference. Or the fact that it's hard to confuse a pair of women with a solitary black man. According to some of the accounts, one of the women was shot in the back.

It's rather suspicious that the police appear to have shot up the rear of the vehicle:

Then a half hour later the police shot up a black Honda Ridgeline.

These incidents seem worthy of a criminal investigation, with charges brought against the officers for attempted murder if it is shown that the officers fired recklessly before failing to properly identify the vehicle and their occupants.

Definitely. The **** cops get away with is truly frightening.

I guess I don't understand why people just don't shoot the specific people they have a grudge with? What's the point of killing random people. You'r not hurting the person you're angry at by killing someone they don't know.

Exactly, it's so selfish. Why would the daughter and the fiancee be in any way responsible for what the father did wrong?

Reactions: Freesia
Exactly, it's so selfish. Why would the daughter and the fiancee be in any way responsible for what the father did wrong?

Killing them made "sense" because those two were related to the guy he was angry at. But killing random police makes no sense, unless he believes that all cops were responsible for him being fired.

Killing them made "sense" because those two were related to the guy he was angry at. But killing random police makes no sense, unless he believes that all cops were responsible for him being fired.

:eek: I don't think that makes sense at all. I wouldn't like to be held accountable for something a member of my family did. It would make more sense to kill police if he had a grudge against the police in general. (Obviously I think killing innocent people in general is a bad idea!)

I agree with people that there must be a lot of corruption in the police force and from what I know it is the same over here. Nepotism too.

The killer's threats specifically included the families of cops, which must have scared the hell out of them. Shooting at random black people is never acceptable police work though!!!!

:eek: I don't think that makes sense at all. I wouldn't like to be held accountable for something a member of my family did. It would make more sense to kill police if he had a grudge against the police in general. (Obviously I think killing innocent people in general is a bad idea!)

Well it makes sense because he's (indirectly) hurting the person he has a grudge against.

Killing people related to the person someone is angry at happens pretty often. I remember when there was a huge search for Jesse James Holiday. It was pretty sad, a 15 year old boy was kidnapped and eventually killed by a drug dealer because of his older brother's drug debt. My daughter went to school with the boy. :(

I've heard about domestic violence cases where the husband kills the wife's mother and/or sister, and in some Middle East cultures when a female does something to 'shame' her family, the punishment is sometimes taken out on her sisters/daughters.

Yeah, I think you actually hurt someone more if you kill someone they love, because they live with the pain of that loss for the rest of their lives, whereas if you kill the person you're angry at, that's a momentary fear/pain, and then it's over. Nasty but true.

Reactions: KLS52
I understand that some people take out their violence on family/friends related to the person they are actually angry at but I just find it so pathetic and cowardly.:(

Reactions: Freesia
I understand that some people take out their violence on family/friends related to the person they are actually angry at but I just find it so pathetic and cowardly.:(

Oh, I agree - it's plain nasty. It's a very cold minded way of taking out one's anger/hate, isn't it? I think that people who do this can't even be given the benefit of the doubt that they were acting in the *heat of the moment - it's just so very spiteful.

TORRANCE (CBSLA.com) — The two women who were mistakenly shot by LAPD officers searching for triple murder suspect Christopher Dorner Thursday said they had no warning beforehand, according to the victims’ lawyer.

Attorney Glen Jonas said Maggie Carranza, 47, and her mother, 71-year-old Emma Hernandez, were delivering Los Angeles Times newspapers around 5:15 a.m. in Torrance when the officers opened fire on their vehicle.

Jonas said, “There was no warning. There were no orders. No commands. Just gunshots.”

- Story.

Can we have a criminal investigation by an outside source? Please?