Kale chips!!

Mel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Obviously, I need to get on the bandwagon on this. (Is there still a kale chip bandwagon? I don't know) Anyway, I just bought some kale and now I need your tried and true recipes. Preferably vegan.

Thanks in advance!

Destem kale
tear into bite size pieces
layer kale on a baking sheet
drizzle olive oil over kale pieces
sprinkle on sea salt and/or various seasonings -my usual choice is garlic powder or curry powder

I want to like kale chips but I haven't met one yet that I liked. :(

Destem kale
tear into bite size pieces
layer kale on a baking sheet
drizzle olive oil over kale pieces
sprinkle on sea salt and/or various seasonings -my usual choice is garlic powder or curry powder

How long do you bake it, and what temperature?

350 for about 10 mins or until crispy. You want to check on them frequently. They tend to cook really fast and burn very easily if cooked too long. Not something you want to risk putting in the oven and then stepping away from to do other things while they cook. You need to stay close by and keep an eye on them.

Reactions: Mel
Mostly prepackaged...but I did try some that a coworker made. They seem to always be somewhat bitter.

Maybe I'll try making them myself.

Reactions: Mel and thefadedone
Ok, I'm trying this in a few minutes. I'll let you all know what I think. I've never had these before!

Reactions: thefadedone
The verdict is: Yum!

And also, my daughter seems to like them as well. :) Can't wait to try different variations.:)

If you're a nooch fan, then you should try sprinkling some nooch on them to make cheesy kale chips.

I think I will do that when I get around to making mine... I love nut. yeast.

If you're a nooch fan, then you should try sprinkling some nooch on them to make cheesy kale chips.
Ooh, I'll try that next time. I don't have any on hand right now, but I'll pick some up next time I'm at the supermarket.

Dandruff collected exclusively by virgin cherubim from the shoulders of only the most magnificently magnificent few of heavens most heavenly angels ...

That's what kale chips is :)

Angel dandruff may be something of an aquired taste, mind ...

I don't have a garden Fade. I must try some kale next time that I'm in the US.

Do you have any British friends that can send you a large packet of the stuff? It's extremely hearty and, with a cold pack or two, could probably withstand several days worth of shipping.