Nutrition & Diet July Health Challenge

Missed a few days, ugh...between the rain and not sleeping well. Ugh, ugh. But I got out there yesterday and will again this morning, even though I have to go into work for a few hours.

I think I am going to try and do some arm toning exercises, what with it being summer...sleeveless shirts don't bode well with old lady flappy arms, lol. :D

Missed a few days, ugh...between the rain and not sleeping well. Ugh, ugh. But I got out there yesterday and will again this morning, even though I have to go into work for a few hours.

I think I am going to try and do some arm toning exercises, what with it being summer...sleeveless shirts don't bode well with old lady flappy arms, lol. :D

That's tough, not sleeping and having to go to work. Treat yourself to a nice dinner and cocktail tonight. :hug:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
My goal for this month is to lose 5lbs, I've already lost 3, so things are looking pretty good so far! I've been trying to get to the gym regularly, but my ankle has been hurting a lot the past few weeks (I twisted it pretty bad several weeks ago while playing Disk Golf, and it's still in the process of healing), so I haven't been able to go as much as I would like. :( I think I may try to keep a food journal, sounds like people who do have good success losing weight.

Renee, I've been Gluten Free for over a year now. It's really not that bad. ;) My body feels so much better and I have way more energy, so it's completely worth it. I would be happy to give you a some tips and suggestions, just send me a PM! :)

Down 1.7 pounds this week, which is pretty good considering I have dined out three times and had wine each time :D. I have been doing very well with the exercising. I did 65 minutes on the treadmill before going to a cookout yesterday and I did 50 minutes this morning. Weights tomorrow!

Like Yally said, I was a bit useless this month myself, BUT back on the wagon... Eating lots of veg and fruits, cutting out crap and replacing it with healthier better options.

Also starting Yoga again from monday...

Kicking caffeine in the ***.... and all junk.... HIT THE ROAD> JUNK And dont come back no more no more no more no more...

Think going to give lemon, honey and ginger tea a try... Heard great things about it.

I am ready!!! Lets do it.

Well, I went, and it nearly killed me. Don't know how anyone managed to do anything but lie down in that heat. Gonna stick with it for a few more sessions, just to see if it gets any better, but it was honestly torture.

On the bright side, I no longer hate running after doing that.

^ Just about to post that it's impossible to do cardio in this heat without a fan or something.

This room is like a sauna & I nearly just threw up 20 mins into my workout.

I am lucky I have a gym at work where it's cool. I still miss walking outside, though. I have done great with cardio, but I have been slacking on the weights this week. I did a long treadmill session and about a third of my usual weights. I just worked the small muscles. Perhaps tomorrow, I will do some leg weights.

Jumped back on the scale after a week, I've lost three lbs since last time :) especially amazing seeing as I had a really relaxed day in terms of my diet yesterday.

I've had a few more sessions of bikram yoga, and it's still really difficult... Can't see me keeping up with it much longer, but we'll see what happens at the next couple of sessions. Still hoping I have a change of heart and fall in love with it, because it's obviously producing results!

Reactions: PTree15
My scale claims I've lost 4 pounds since my last weigh-in two weeks ago. I don't quite believe it, as my clothes fit pretty much exactly the same. But whatever.

I have been doing very well on exercise this week. Two weight sessions already in addition to my cardio workouts. Food has been decent, but I could be better. Last night I splurged on popcorn and chocolate :D. We will see what the scale says Friday ;).

Started doing yoga at home instead. I've found that it feels like just as much of a work out, but without the discomfort from the hot room and the military-style commands.

2lbs left to lose for this month's goal, fairly confident that I'll make it. Going running and swimming this evening, hopefully I can shave some more time off my mile.

Started doing yoga at home instead. I've found that it feels like just as much of a work out, but without the discomfort from the hot room and the military-style commands.

2lbs left to lose for this month's goal, fairly confident that I'll make it. Going running and swimming this evening, hopefully I can shave some more time off my mile.
I didn't like the "hot yoga" when I tried it.

IT'S FREEZING OUT THERE!!! (58F, 15C?)
lol

I've been holding my own...for awhile I was getting out there every other day, but now I'm on three-in-a-row. I lost a few pounds, which is nice, but I am determined to make it more about healthy exercise than about losing weight. I'm pretty disciplined with going for my walks...cutting back on the snacking is another story. It's just becoming more and more apparent that at my age, that I really need to cut back on calories and up my physical activity. I just don't want to. I want to be able to eat like I did when I was younger...damn, but I had an awesome metabolism back then. :p

Reactions: AeryFairy
I gained 2lbs :( which means I now have 4 to lose if I want to meet my weight goal at the end of the month. I know it's not all about weight, and the healthy choices are the more important thing, but it's hard not to take it badly when the hard work doesn't pay off...

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52