love&kale

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was not a vegan when I first started dating my ex. I have now, of course, transitioned to the Vegan life and kept it up with no regrets.:D Thinking about how I feel now, I'm not sure I could ever date a non-vegan. Another thing that makes me think this way is that I now work for a Vegan Company that deals with relationships.

I understand that we all have to start from somewhere but what do you guys think? Is dating a non-vegan an option or maybe waiting or trying to find a vegan partner through a dating app/page is the best?:tired_face:

Tricky question, I think you should go out and do something in your life that will put you in touch with more vegans to give you a better chance, but consider omnivores also. Those that are absolutely not willing to talk about the issues might not be as worth it for you though. Good luck!

Reactions: love&kale
I have been to a few fruit meet ups in the past which were fun :blush:The issue now I guess is just finding somebody that I am compatible with. There are so many vegan dietary preferences (ie. Raw, Fruitarian, HCLF, Alkaline), I never knew about this before. Which muddles me some times haha

I think so, but I have not dated in a good 5 years or so. If it ever happens, then surely them being vegan is ideal.

Should catholics only date catholics? And should fascists only date fascists? The world is a saner place if people do something to break down barriers. We all need to be tolerant of people unlike ourselves. As vegans we are in a small minority. Restricting your social circle to people who all think just like you seems dangerous to me. Please disagree with me. I need contrary opinions to make me think more rigorously about my own thoughts.
See what I mean?
I assume you are asking this question because you too want varied responses. After all you already know what you think.
I like you because you disagree with me and that is good for me. But I can't like you on facebook because I disagree with facebook!

Should catholics only date catholics? And should fascists only date fascists? The world is a saner place if people do something to break down barriers. We all need to be tolerant of people unlike ourselves. As vegans we are in a small minority. Restricting your social circle to people who all think just like you seems dangerous to me. Please disagree with me. I need contrary opinions to make me think more rigorously about my own thoughts.
See what I mean?
I assume you are asking this question because you too want varied responses. After all you already know what you think.
I like you because you disagree with me and that is good for me. But I can't like you on facebook because I disagree with facebook!

Yes actually fascists should only date fascists because they're racist pieces of trash. I have seen so many of your posts on this forum and I am just like "is this guy even vegan, what is going on here?"

Ethical values and deeply held beliefs aren't "differences of opinion." Differences of opinion are things like "I enjoy football" "No I like reading books and listening to jazz"...well, alright then. Differences of opinion are like "Maybe this is the better solution to xyz problem?" "Well actually I saw it this way...". Those are differences of opinion (along with very subjective things, like enjoying chocolates or coffee or the color red).

Differences of deeply held values or convictions are not up for constant debate. Fascists are dangerous and selfish people. There's no compromise with a fascist any more than there is a compromise with a shark who has decided you'll make a nice snack.

Veganism is a deeply held spiritual belief for some people permeating every aspect of their lives. If they want to be "intellectually challenged" they can take a political science class, they don't need to date a meat eater.

Last edited:
yes but there some types of people like myself who didn't know what Vegan was and once I saw the Forks over Knives I immediately became vegan. some people are capable of changing but you can generally tell if that person will change or not right off the bat. I try to be accepting as other peoples choice as personally possible but I don't think I would date a non-vegan or try to convince anybody to. I would be friends with a non-vegan girl and if she became vegan my attraction would likely change but that is just me.

I have been going thought the same for the past two years. You would think I shouldn't have a problem living in Austin, TX. I have no interest in a person who is not open to the concept of veganism. The question I ask myself is this. "If you can live single for 5 years, could I do it until I die?" The answer is yes, but I don't want to.