Have you considered making your own plant-milk? I do with oats a lot and its pretty easy. All you need is a blender. The raw materials will tend to last a lot longer than the processed product.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Have you considered making your own plant-milk? I do with oats a lot and its pretty easy. All you need is a blender. The raw materials will tend to last a lot longer than the processed product.
I tried a few times- using different tips each time, and it was awful!
I don't use any enough to care, I keep plain milk for soy yogurt anyway

True. Soy milk and almond milk are pretty hard to make. but I've made flaxseed milk. You can also make a banana into milk.

Reactions: Emma JC
Is it sweet? How?

Bonus. Use a frozen banana, a little water, and salt and you can make banana ice cream.

While I wouldn't want to drink it, you can always blend some tofu with water to use for baking, sauces and cooking, and to add to grains like oatmeal.
Of course cashews and water are super good in a high speed blender, no need to strain.

I can't imagine flaxseed milk!

That's not correct. As long as you have a high speed blender it's very easy to make nut milks.:)
Ok, let me rephrase, nut milks are harder to make than flaxseed milk, banana milk, or oat milk. . The straining and the clean up pretty much keeps me out of the homemade soy milk department. Although I do keep looking at the SoyJoy.

Well it takes a long time to go bad, it's not like dairy milk it lasts quite a while.

Put a little in coffee or tea, or on cereal. Make overnight oats.

I also make a simple cheez sauce with nutritional yeast, or a brown gravy with other things, by using plant-based milk.

I can say I've honestly NEVER had this problem. I have no idea what you eat, or if you eat out a lot, but even when I eat out a lot I don't waste my plant-based milk. You can buy smaller portions, like the little shelf-stable tetrapacks if it that's problematic for you. Or find a flavor you like and drink it straight like at night or for a snack when you're hungry.

Before I came across this thread, I started another thread asking if should make my own soymilk.
I am also the only person in my house who drinks soymilk. I have also had difficulties staying stocked.
About the lowest price I can find on soybeans is a little more than $2 a pound. If making my own is not way more expensive, I might go that route.

You should read the posts in this thread. I think we did a very good job of discussing it.
Especially my post from Oct. 14,

Instead of buying half gallons you should buy quarts. and just buy the shelf stable ones. We discussed what stores have them and the prices. But you could just order a case online and store it in a closet or a shelf in the garage till you need it.

We also discussed making soymilk in this thread

and this one

I haven't had a problem finishing a container of soymilk. I just don't like the shelf stable ones. They seemed a little weak.

Morning coffee, oatmeal, cereal, smoothies; I always seem to be able to get a few cups. The refrigerated half gallons seem to last about a week to ten days.

I tried making it myself. It tasted OK, but I had a little bit of a stomach reaction, so I threw it out. It might have been a coincidence, so I might try it again.

As far as the soy issue goes. The Japanese have been eating soy in all forms for many centuries. The ones that are still eating the soy/plant based diets are the healthiest and live longer than any other group in the world. I will take that as my evidence.

Last edited:
You can also get plain unsweetened, in packages of 6, 12, or 24.
you can even set it up to be delivered every week or every other week or every month.

Wow! That is a good deal right now. If you the camelizer thingy you'll see it's at the lowest price now, at $12.49 for 6 quarts. Look at the price for 12 quarts--it's $69 !! :joy: :woo:

• Love
Reactions: Lou
Wow! That is a good deal right now. If you the camelizer thingy you'll see it's at the lowest price now, at $12.49 for 6 quarts. Look at the price for 12 quarts--it's $69 !! :joy: :woo:
Camelizer thingy? if you mean the button that changes how many quarts are in the package, my button doesn't work.

oh. I hadn't gotten around to doing the math. $2 a quart is pretty good. I can sometimes get a half gallon for $3.50

Camelizer thingy? if you mean the button that changes how many quarts are in the package, my button doesn't work.

oh. I hadn't gotten around to doing the math. $2 a quart is pretty good. I can sometimes get a half gallon for $3.50
No, this -
It stays on my top bar and if clicked when on an item page on amazon shows a graph of it's price changes. You can even set email alerts for when the item gets to a set price.