UK Gorgosaurus Vegan Bakery

Aaahhhh that's awesome! I love the logo too.

Sometimes I need to visit Manchester for work. Next time I do, expect an order!

Reactions: PTree15
:) Go for it AF, the cupcakes look amazing , maybe look into frozen vegan dishes as well.

D'awh, thank you everyone!! <3

Can we have some samples ?:D

find a way to come and get 'em, then sure :p

Aaahhhh that's awesome! I love the logo too.

Sometimes I need to visit Manchester for work. Next time I do, expect an order!

The logo was my husband's doing :) he's been massively supportive, helping me modify the kitchen to suit food hygiene regs and agreeing to do delivery runs. Feel free to pop by any time! ;)

:) Go for it AF, the cupcakes look amazing , maybe look into frozen vegan dishes as well.

Thanks!! :D I'm definitely planning on expanding the menu, although I'd need a freezer to do frozen dishes! As it is, I just have a separate minifridge to keep vegan butter and non-dairy milks in. But it might be possible in the future! And I'm always interested in what people think I should be making.

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ALERT!

After a small amount of thought and a large amount of research and planning, I've opened my own home vegan bakery :starshower:

I'm starting out small, cupcakes only while we get properly set up, but I'm hoping to expand into all kinds of baked goods soon! So check it out (pretty please!):

Gorgosaurus Vegan Bakery

:smitten:
OMG, this is awesome, AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations..

@AeryFairy How cool!! YAY FOR YOU!!! :jump:

37a5f0e736c979c90fbf530e3a10daba.jpg

(that's a vegan cake. LOL :p)

Heeheehee, apparently my mother was still logged on to FB. My mom likes you, Aery! It was me, though. LMAO :)

LOVE that graphic... adorable! :D

That is the coolest! But you're too far away and I can't buy any of your cupcakes! :cry:

Are you going to have a web site ? I'm not on FB and cannot access it.

I will eventually, but I don't fancy putting all the effort and money into setting one up until I know it'll be worth it. I'll let everyone know when I do have one, though :)

That is the coolest! But you're too far away and I can't buy any of your cupcakes! :cry:

I'll get to work on international shipping ASAP ;)

Reactions: PTree15
I've had my first cake request through! I took some cake in for my gym instructor (after he complained that I never bring him cake), and his wife wants me to make their family Christmas cake :D I don't have the set-up for big cakes yet, but seeing as it's a few months away I've got plenty of time to get it all sorted, so I said I'd do it :D

Reactions: Andy_T and KLS52
I've had my first cake request through! I took some cake in for my gym instructor (after he complained that I never bring him cake), and his wife wants me to make their family Christmas cake :D I don't have the set-up for big cakes yet, but seeing as it's a few months away I've got plenty of time to get it all sorted, so I said I'd do it :D

That is encouraging news.

What is it that you need for a big cake set up ? I like to make Christmas cake and have a standard oven.

It's nice to know that you are spoilt rotten in the UK as far as bakery stuff is concerned.

That is encouraging news.

What is it that you need for a big cake set up ? I like to make Christmas cake and have a standard oven.

It's nice to know that you are spoilt rotten in the UK as far as bakery stuff is concerned.

It's not the oven - it's just buying things like the large cake tins (in a few different sizes, I only have one size at the moment), bigger mixing bowls, cake boxes, cake boards, a cake 'lifter', and ideally a rotating icing stand to get the finishes perfectly even. I didn't want to buy all that on top of the stuff for the cupcakes (which only needed cupcake boxes & cases) in case it didn't go anywhere. But it looks like it might!

Reactions: KLS52
296556011_0_640x640.jpg

It's not the oven - it's just buying things like the large cake tins (in a few different sizes, I only have one size at the moment), bigger mixing bowls, cake boxes, cake boards, a cake 'lifter', and ideally a rotating icing stand to get the finishes perfectly even. I didn't want to buy all that on top of the stuff for the cupcakes (which only needed cupcake boxes & cases) in case it didn't go anywhere. But it looks like it might!

You can get really cheap deals for some of the above items at Poundland and the other good value High st store Wilko's ( can't remember the name) for cake tins, stands etc. Lidl's also have really cheap prices for baking tins and containers.
Lakeland also have a great selection of baking stuff with lots of special offers. Even Sainsbury's & Tesco's have cheap cake stands and mixing bowls. I bought a cake lifter for around £ 2.

High st charity shops always have lots of bakeware items for sale.

I also think that the new more modern Christmas cakes which are decorated with marzipan and icing on the top look far better than the traditional style ones.

Preparation Equipment - Jane Asher's Kitchen - Home & Pet

Baking & Preserving Equipment | Kitchenware | wilko.com

Baking | Home & Garden | George at ASDA

Tesco direct: Andrew James Stainless Steel Cake Lifter with Folding Handle

Rotating Cake Stand | eBay

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplayView?catalogId=10241&langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=8HoX5pQlBBCim6Qxe+vxGYx4ga04l/b4krP2fK/suuzrdQ7fa+DYTZfBMIBs/quJBFb8b228ILRIP/ODe7C/2fh89krCQx/IWJr1WPnLJyp9ZH+0cuxXaFkK6R5+uHnVaA5Gwv8wGreJhh8BQXC4CwpzRtmq5XVQyyYKoXFmUe1+G01WWmxEoOd1qkEVxWoMbhIiLO9+vpIyrSOsaBPOQA==#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10241&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&top_category=&pageSize=30&orderBy=RELEVANCE&searchTerm=baking tins&beginIndex=0&categoryFacetId1=

Last edited: