Gardein Holiday Roast

I was at TJs today and did not see the roast. I meant to ask for it but got sidetracked with all of the other good stuff and ended up forgetting about it. Bah.

Reactions: shyvas
I was at TJs today and did not see the roast. I meant to ask for it but got sidetracked with all of the other good stuff and ended up forgetting about it. Bah.

My TJ's has them in the refrigerated section, close to the actual turkeys, but not with the other refrigerated mock meats. I couldn't find them at first and had to ask for them.

I went to Whole Foods tonight to get some of their new 365 brand vegan sausage patties, as I'm planning on having tofu scramble and hash browns for dinner later this week, and thought sausage would be nice with it. While I was there I looked for the Gardein branded roast. They are keeping it frozen, next to the Tofurky and big holiday Field Roasts. My WF has it priced at $17.99, not on sale. In comparison, the Trader Joe's version was on sale for $9.99.
(In my city, I can only buy Gardein at WF and Target, and Target doesn't get in the specialty stuff - pretty much just burgers and crispy strips.)

Wow, that's a big price difference. I'm definitely going to go back and ask for it.

I was just there - they had it in a section of fridge next to the juices!? You'd think they'd have them by the other veg stuff, which is next to poultry and cheese. I got one for $9.99, hope it's good!
I found the meatless balls- in the freezer next to real meatballs! I thought that very annoying! Ours don't put vegan labels with the signs like they used to...
I did find TJ's rice noodle instant soup bowls for .99 cents each so I can keep something in my locker at work!

I was just there - they had it in a section of fridge next to the juices!? You'd think they'd have them by the other veg stuff, which is next to poultry and cheese. I got one for $9.99, hope it's good!
I found the meatless balls- in the freezer next to real meatballs! I thought that very annoying! Ours don't put vegan labels with the signs like they used to...
I did find TJ's rice noodle instant soup bowls for .99 cents each so I can keep something in my locker at work!

Good to know...I'll be on the lookout.

I also keep the rice noodle soup bowls at my desk at work...they come in handy, sometimes when I'm unprepared for lunch. :)