Kroger Simple Truth Products

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have been trying some of the Simple Truth products, and they have upped their game.

Some of the name brand products have gotten pretty pricey, so I thought I would try the house brand. I will say I am pretty impressed. Their frozen chik'n cutlets are pretty good.

Their unfrozen chik'n ground is pretty expensive, but I found a way around that. I check the sell by date and snap them up at half price, and throw them in the freezer. The ground is almost indistinguishable from chicken when mixed into a recipe, but a little dense in patties.

The faux cheddar was a surprise. About half the price of the gourmet brands, like Violife, but really good. Even cold, it has a real cheesy texture. I found most of the brands tasted good, but had a gummy, soft texture. Great for melting, but not good for snacking.

I have been snacking on Simple Truth vegan cheddar on crackers, and haven't been able to tell the difference. Granted, it has been a really looooong time since I had cheddar, but this seemed pretty close to what I remembered.