Companion Animal Memorial Thread

Shadey and Callie :(

KLS, have you come any closer to having anyone design you Thor tattoo sweetie? I think on an anniversary of his bday would be the perfect time to do that :hug:

Ah, what a sad day.. I'm so sorry,Rosie and KLS.
One thing- even though it's tough to visit this thread, it's also a comfort to know there are others here who understand how we love our fur children as much as the human kind. When they leave us, it's devastating.
The markers are lovely. When our Atticus cat passed,even though he was with for only three weeks,I felt the loss deeply. He was he little guy we found under a parked car emaciated and terribly sick with a URI. Turns out he also had AIDS and in spite of excellent vet care,his little immune system was just no match for the raging infection. I swear that was the sweetest cat. We had him cremated and have his ashes in a pretty little box with his name engraved on top. My Scarlett is buried in the front flower bed, Randy in the back, and Paula's ashes were scattered in a garden area of a beautiful pet cemetery and her name is engraved on a memorial wall. They give us so much during their lifetimes. I cannot imagine doing nothing to honor that love.To those who say "It's just a cat/dog/fish" and so forth-well, we have a special word for people like you..

Shadey and Callie :(

KLS, have you come any closer to having anyone design you Thor tattoo sweetie? I think on an anniversary of his bday would be the perfect time to do that :hug:

No, not yet. I think part of it is that I'm a little apprehensive (translated - scared). I have some time today...I should stop by the tattoo place. It's right in town and very reputable.

Reactions: AspireToExpire
My custom Flat Bonnies arrived this week. I cried when I took Flat Nick out of the box, and again when I tied his angel wings onto him. He is perfect.

C022FFFF-0C0B-40BF-AB2A-173A07F0F4FF-50536-00004E1A22E83459.jpg

DB6A7D6E-A7D7-498B-AA3D-D5BA4412FA22-50536-00004E1A279B0FE5.jpg

I'm agnostic, but I hope there is a heaven.. so I can see all my babies again :sob:
No one has died in a while, but I still think about the ones that went.. And I miss them.
Their lifespans are just too short! If only they could live to be at least 5...
The saddest thing about having a pet is knowing someday, they'll suffer and you won't be able do to anything to help them, besides making their end more comfortable.

Not a companion animal, but I found a beautiful tiny dead bird in the parking lot when I went to church this morning...I picked him up and moved him to the flower bed. RIP little bird. :(

Not a companion animal, but I found a beautiful tiny dead bird in the parking lot when I went to church this morning...I picked him up and moved him to the flower bed. RIP little bird. :(

Awww...poor little thing. Thank you for being so kind. Some idiot driver hit and killed one of the squirrels we feed not long ago, and I buried her in our flower bed as well.

I stepped on a wasp today. I heard a bit of a crunch and immediately withdrew. He was preserved enough where I could tell he was already in a curled-up position, so there's a good chance he was already dead, but it still made me feel bad.

Also not a companion animal, but it fits in with the current topic of discussion. :(

I did not say, but a few months ago my sister C had to put down one of her dogs. He was old, having seizures and many other problems. He was a sweet German Short hair pointer. He wou;d follow you around the house, giving you the cute big dog eyes and fart so bad he left the room for you to deal with his stink. I miss him. He was awesome!

Thank you, I think I am still going to add some mulch and once we get some decent furniture and privacy fencing up I will take a pic of her gazebo. We did a trial of taking her toy and collar out there today, my husband wasn't really comfortable with it but i feel like it's her stuff let her have it at least when we go out there to visit her.

Thank you, I think I am still going to add some mulch and once we get some decent furniture and privacy fencing up I will take a pic of her gazebo. We did a trial of taking her toy and collar out there today, my husband wasn't really comfortable with it but i feel like it's her stuff let her have it at least when we go out there to visit her.[/quote

It looks very sweet. Nicely done.:hug: