Companion Animal Memorial Thread

Third day of hell. :lala:

My dad says our other 2 dogs are looking for her. I told him to take them out back and let them sniff her grave. A good friend told me they kept their pets fur and let their dog sniff it, I think I will do the same with her bed. My dad is doing some landscaping around her grave today and when we get back in a few days, I am ordering a granite grave marker etched with her image. It's going to be really hard to walk through that door and not have her so excited to see us that she is whimpering, bringing us her toy. :sob:

Then there are the little things you have to accept aren't going to happen anymore...
-having your legs licked when stepping out of the shower
-being woken up with her face in yours staring at you with those big round pretty eyes
-pulling my husbands pants down when we are playing around
-laying on her back and rubbing her face with her paws
-being grumbled at when I go get her after she tries to escape during a grooming
-running into the back of my legs when she follows so close
-humping the cats
-the back leg stretch while walking
-the vocal yawn
-hanging her upper body in the toilet for a drink especially after a flush
-those eyebrows and lashes
-sitting in the dining room watching the front door when we are in the back of the house to protect us

My dad says our other 2 dogs are looking for her. I told him to take them out back and let them sniff her grave. A good friend told me they kept their pets fur and let their dog sniff it, I think I will do the same with her bed. My dad is doing some landscaping around her grave today and when we get back in a few days, I am ordering a granite grave marker etched with her image. It's going to be really hard to walk through that door and not have her so excited to see us that she is whimpering, bringing us her toy. :sob:

Then there are the little things you have to accept aren't going to happen anymore...
-having your legs licked when stepping out of the shower
-being woken up with her face in yours staring at you with those big round pretty eyes
-pulling my husbands pants down when we are playing around
-laying on her back and rubbing her face with her paws
-being grumbled at when I go get her after she tries to escape during a grooming
-running into the back of my legs when she follows so close
-humping the cats
-the back leg stretch while walking
-the vocal yawn
-hanging her upper body in the toilet for a drink especially after a flush
-those eyebrows and lashes
-sitting in the dining room watching the front door when we are in the back of the house to protect us
:sob::hug:

Reactions: AspireToExpire
Yes, me too.

I'm so sorry, Forty Two.

The last week and a half, I've been bottle feeding three newborn kittens abandoned by their mother/something happened to the mother. Snowdrop, who was the largest one and completely white, developed diarrhea on Monday and died on Tuesday. Jasper, who was black and the runt of the litter, always had difficulty eating - I was syringe feeding him, since the bottle never worked for him. He died yesterday evening. That leaves Teddy, who is tan, still here.

I feel rotten. It would probably have been kinder to have them euthanized as soon as I found them. I've been trying to keep their digestive tract stimulated with stroking, and wiping their behinds with warm cotton balls with every feeding, but they needed their mom to do the job properly.

I'm sorry,mlp. It's tough with the wee ones;always touch and go,isn't it? :( Crossing my fingers for little Teddy. Let us know how he's doing.

i1gnbn.jpg

Miss Sadie Jane. I just found out two nights ago that she passed away in her sleep while we are in another state and my dad is taking care of our pets.

I miss my dog.:sniff:

She's such a pretty thing. I'm so sorry.She sounds like a wonderful pup. She gave you so much love and joy, and I hope that will carry you through. I have always said that even though the pain of saying goodbye is so hard to bear, we wouldn't trade those happy years for anything in the whole wide world.:hug:

I have ordered two memorial natural stones from http://www.rockitcreations.com/ I really like their work. I have since moved so I took the stone with me and now it's out in the garden area. Here's the first one I got. I know they do pictures but I don't know if it's something you're looking for. I was just recommending them because they've done such a great job.
DSCN1859-1.jpg

I have ordered two memorial natural stones from http://www.rockitcreations.com/ I really like their work. I have since moved so I took the stone with me and now it's out in the garden area. Here's the first one I got. I know they do pictures but I don't know if it's something you're looking for. I was just recommending them because they've done such a great job.

I love that...I would love to get one for Thor!

That's really beautiful Rosie, here is what we are looking at

1ixwko.jpg

They have a few different samples to mix and match everything from the shape surrounding her image to the words and date style etc. I like the saying on one that says; "You'll always be in our hearts our precious friend so true, we'll cherish all the memories of the time we had with you"

Reactions: KLS52 and Rosie1
I'm considering ordering a marker for Nick, though we had him cremated.

I chose a wood box with a picture frame for his urn, and I put in a snippet of his fur that I saved. I am also going to put in part of his favorite toy: He loved throwing those cat toys that are a bell inside a ball inside another ball. I am going to include the center ball/bell so the urn jingles if I move it. The box is large enough that I can put Amelia's ashes in when she passes.

It might be nice to have a marker in the garden, too.

I also ordered a custom-made FlatBonnie plush to look like Nick.

My dad sent me this picture of her grave today, I think that marker will look lovely. And some perennial/wood chips around the edges.

dc3h5e.jpg

Reactions: KLS52
Thor would have been 17 years old today. :(

And my son's cat, Shadey, was put to sleep today...RIP Shadey...give Thor my love. :(

My dad sent me this picture of her grave today, I think that marker will look lovely. And some perennial/wood chips around the edges.
It's in a pretty spot, too. That marker will look so nice there, against the white stone, plus flowers and wood chips.

Thor would have been 17 years old today. :(

And my son's cat, Shadey, was put to sleep today...RIP Shadey...give Thor my love. :(

Sorry to hear about Shadey. :(

Callie
Sept. 1999-August 17, 2012
Even though I had adopted animals before, she was my very first rescue kitty, at 2 weeks old.
3544583264_54ccbcd96b_z.jpg

IMG_3159-1r.jpg

Hugs to all, I am crying my eyes out for you all. Such beautiful pets, so loved.

OMG...I'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs.