Companion Animal Memorial Thread

7fa93a6f.jpg

IMG_8680.jpg

Reactions: Tom L. and Rosie1
He was big because of all of the babies he ate. :p

Thanks for the condolences. I feel like I lost a child. He was my boy. I do feel some relief though because he was not in the best health when he passed. He had lost weight and wasn't as active. He didn't have his big puffy tail and puffy feet anymore. He's not in pain anymore.

:( I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

Its so hard, when my dog of 18 died a year and a half ago, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I'm still not over it, I miss him every day but I'm so glad I had the chance to know such a wonderful being.

Reactions: sallyomally
Oh,poor Mason. Glad you were with him. He was such a great bunny. Even though I never met him, he was my favorite. I'm so sorry. *big hug*

:( I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

Its so hard, when my dog of 18 died a year and a half ago, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I'm still not over it, I miss him every day but I'm so glad I had the chance to know such a wonderful being.

So sorry, Francesca.I lost my little dog when she was seventeen. It's always such a hard thing, this saying goodbye.

Oh,poor Mason. Glad you were with him. He was such a great bunny. Even though I never met him, he was my favorite. I'm so sorry. *big hug*

It's hard to look at pictures of him and not be automatically in love <3He had the best personality. Even though he didn't like to be picked up, he was stubborn as hell and just adorable. :D

ayla.jpg
This (the dilute calico cat) is Ayla. She died in the early morning hours.

Ayla was a feral cat who my sister trapped seven years ago. She had six kittens at the time. My sister managed to trap five of the kittens. One kitten consistently eluded her and eventually disappeared. Ayla came to live with me, and her kittens stayed with my sister.

Ayla always remained semi feral. Of late, she would sit on the arm of my chair while I opened cat food cans, as long as I was careful not to look at her and pretended she wasn't there.

She had surgery for mammary cancer last August. A tendril of the tumor had reached the lymph nodes, which the vet also removed. She made a good recovery from the surgery, and I had hopes that her recovery was a full one. Late yesterday, she was lying on the kitchen floor and did not move away from me when I walked close by her a couple of times. When I reached down to touch her and she didn't run, I knew it was serious and went to get the carrier. When I lifted her to put her in the carrier, I could feel the fluid in her abdomen. I took her to the U of I emergency clinic. She started going into cardiac arrest, and I told them to help her die quickly. I hope she found some comfort in my presence.

Ayla loved Zen, the orange tabby in the photo. For years, she was quite lovesick over him, following him around. Hers was a quiet presence in this house, but there will always be an Ayla shaped emptiness in this family.

Reactions: KLS52
mlp, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((hugs))))

Thank you, everyone. Yes, Forty Two, she was a lovely kitty - very reserved, except in her love for Zen and her fierce protectiveness of her kittens. She never expected anything, and life didn't give her much.

I completely forgot I had this video too. Mason loved my nieces and nephews, he was very tolerant of their pets and kisses.

Reactions: KLS52