Sweet red bell pepper, sliced
LOTS of Fresh Lemon, squeezed
Olive Oil
Za'tar *See Below for recipe
Salt (to taste)

Mix all together and chill

Za'tar- Sesame seeds, thyme, marjoram, simmaq (small amount), salt
Marjoram???? NOOOOO
I have Zatar from Penzeys and it's sumac, thyme, sesame and salt! That I like! (not a marjoram fan)
I like this with soy yogurt and red onions on a pita.

I do chickpeas with finely chopped celery, onion, and grated carrot, salt, pepper and vegenaise. Nothing sour like lemon or pickles for me.

I do chickpeas with finely chopped celery, onion, and grated carrot, salt, pepper and vegenaise. Nothing sour like lemon or pickles for me.

I add chickpeas to different types of salad. No onions, garlic or pickles for me. However, vinaigrette is a must. :D

Mine is for a sandwich like a tuna or chicken salad sandwich substitute, otherwise I just add chickpeas or mixed beans to a salad.

I add chickpeas to different types of salad. No onions, garlic or pickles for me. However, vinaigrette is a must. :D
I use vinaigrette if I’m going to eat it as a salad. I leave the chickpeas whole in that case.
But if I’m making for a sandwich as in a “tuna salad” substitute, then I mash them and use the vegan mayo.
Oops...I didn’t see the original post, being from 2012. I responded based on thinman‘s post of yesterday.
I happen to like chickpeas and will eat them straight from the can on occasion. 😊

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I use vinaigrette if I’m going to eat it as a salad. I leave the chickpeas whole in that case.
But if I’m making for a sandwich as in a “tuna salad” substitute, then I mash them and use the vegan mayo.
Oops...I didn’t see the original post, being from 2012. I responded based on thinman‘s post of yesterday.
I happen to like chickpeas and will eat them straight from the can on occasion. 😊

I'm not a fan of chickpeas in a sandwich. We all have different tastes. o_O

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Indeed we do 😊
It’s weird to me that the “tuna” version does remind me of tuna.

• Sad
Reactions: shyvas
Indeed we do 😊

LOL, I don't. o_O Which reminds me that most people that I know love caviar and I always hated it- i.e. when I was an omni. I wouldn't even dream of looking at the stuff now. :rolleyes:

Indeed we do 😊
I've got my mom requesting my chickpea salad. She loves it on crackers, a roll or even stuffed into a tomato.
My recipe varies depending on what's in the fridge, but I always have Vegenaise, pickles, celery, onions and a dash of sriracha sauce in it. I skip the sauce if I'm making it for my mom, though. :D

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
We make a chickpea salad for sandwiches. Mash the chickpeas with a fork, add chopped tiny bits of celery, pickle and onion, mix with some mayonnaise. Spread on some bread and make a sandwich.

That is usually the same way as I do it, although I like sweetcorn in there too.

I just went back to my grocery order and added vegan mayo and celery. I will make chickpea salad this week.:D

I was thinking I wonder what a Quorn fishless fillet would be like added to a chickpea salad.

I was inspired to make both chickpea “tuna” and chickpea salad with vinaigrette. They are both delicious. I had a sandwich with the “tuna” and added tomato, lettuce and smart bacon. Then when I was hungry before dinner I had some of the vinaigrette salad.

Thank you, @thinman, for bumping the thread. 😊

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I just had an early lunch. A can of chickpeas and I sliced up a red onion, a few gherkins, half a red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and two sticks of celery. I had apple cider vinegar, sea salt and vegan mayo as a dressing. I have half left for lunch tomorrow. :heart_eyes: