Captain's Log

Anyone interested in running our FB group? If not, it'll be deleted within the next few days. I'm leaving FB myself.
What does that entail, exactly. I’m pretty much on FB 100 times a day...

What does that entail, exactly. I’m pretty much on FB 100 times a day...
I haven't really used the group in ages, so I guess that means you don't really have to do anything much! The group was created so we could have somewhere on FB to post links to interesting threads on VV. In other words, to help promote VV to FB users. Unfortunately, this hasn't really happened much, I think because I felt any post in the group should have a relevant 'meme' or picture of some sort, and doing so was too much effort for me.

So, if no one steps up and I want to try it, if it doesn’t work out, I guess it would be no big deal and we could close it then?

You would also have to be clear with what you want on there because there is a chance I’ll go rogue on you, but only out of lack of experience as to what is expected. :D

So, if no one steps up and I want to try it, if it doesn’t work out, I guess it would be no big deal and we could close it then?

You would also have to be clear with what you want on there because there is a chance I’ll go rogue on you, but only out of lack of experience as to what is expected. :D

Beware KL, IS is a tough boss !!:p

Beware KL, IS is a tough boss !!:p
Yeah, I just realized...does that mean being an admin and monitoring posts? I’m so going to suck at that if that is the case. :p

Yeah, I just realized...does that mean being an admin and monitoring posts? I’m so going to suck at that if that is the case. :p
Don't worry, you can't really do any worse than me at this! And I'll be careful not asking anything much of you. You'll be fine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I haven't really used the group in ages, so I guess that means you don't really have to do anything much! The group was created so we could have somewhere on FB to post links to interesting threads on VV. In other words, to help promote VV to FB users. Unfortunately, this hasn't really happened much, I think because I felt any post in the group should have a relevant 'meme' or picture of some sort, and doing so was too much effort for me.
Ok so I re-read this...”the group was created so we could have somewhere on FB to post links to interesting threads on VV. In other words, to help promote VV to FB users.”

This is helpful in me understanding the purpose of the FB group.

Now the question remains, what threads here would be appropriate to link to...is the debate forum off limits?

Reactions: Val
I’d link to the vegetarian and vegan support forums, for starters. The primary reason why VeggieViews exists is to provide support for anyone who maintains or is interested in maintaining a plant-based diet, and those should be the primary target for outreach. If they show up and want to discuss, for example, how to eat vegan at Easter, and then they want to talk about photography or movies, politics or growing their own vegetables, then they have further motivation to stick around.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
It does take me to the FB page, though.

I mean group...we are currently a group not a page...yet. :)

Last edited:
I know, it's crazy, but we didn't know what we were doing at the time. Anyway, don't get attached to it, as it might get replaced with an FB Page, which is probably what we should have created to start with.
Apparently, what we have is an FB Page, not a Group ... :)

In other news, the New Vegetarians Help Desk sub-forum, which had accumulated a grand total of 11 threads since 2012, has been removed, and the threads within it moved to other suitable forums.

Reactions: Val and Amy SF
Apparently, what we have is an FB Page, not a Group ... :)

In other news, the New Vegetarians Help Desk sub-forum, which had accumulated a grand total of 11 threads since 2012, has been removed, and the threads within it moved to other suitable forums.

I noticed that! A VeggieViews post turned up in my Facebook feed this morning. I was surprised.

I've fixed some permission issues for the 18+ and 50+ forums so that people are allowed to use media tags again. (Some videos and images had inadvertently been hidden by the software.)

Reactions: Val and KLS52