Forum software upgrade - oops

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Dear all ....

I have accidentally upgraded the forum software to the latest version ....!

The result is that the default style ("Default Green") which a lot of members use is now unusable. If you're using that style, the forum will look completely broken.

For those affected, I can only advice you to navigate to the very bottom of the page, find and press "Default Green" (should be on the left-hand side). Then choose "Vision" which will be a link at the very, very, very bottom of the page. (You probably have to scroll down further at this point.)

Also, a lot of add-on have had to be disabled, but that is a less pressing concern.

I'm very sorry about this :sob:

PS: I'm hoping to get a fix from the style developers tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Urban Gardener
I’m more annoyed that everything like the font and icons is smaller which is an issue for me because I do everything from my phone. And the tool bar in the text box is all different now too. We all know how much I love when things change. :fp:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I’m getting this again. Not a big deal but I remember it happening with an earlier upgrade but then the issue was resolved. So I just want to mention it.
0447DC14-4E19-4487-AD53-27AAAF90B94B.jpeg

Also, when I open VV it no longer takes me to VV’s homepage. It automatically opens with the What Makes You Happy thread. I find that odd. This was happening before this upgrade, I’d say about a week or two ago.

I don't see "default Green" or "vision" anywhere.
It should be a little paintbrush icon and then the name of the style. It's possible you have another style so another name will be displayed.
I’m more annoyed that everything like the font and icons is smaller which is an issue for me because I do everything from my phone. And the tool bar in the text box is all different now too. We all know how much I love when things change. :fp:
You can change the font size in your preferences:

Reactions: KLS52
@KLS52 - regarding the "reactions" icons, I've temporarily put in some old ones for the ones that were missing. They're a bit smaller, so it doesn't look quite right, but it's better than nothing. I will try to fix this properly in the coming weeks .....

The font is set to extra large but the size did not change. It’s fine...I can see it ok. I just noticed the difference from before the upgrade.

The font is set to extra large but the size did not change. It’s fine...I can see it ok. I just noticed the difference from before the upgrade.
Ah, you're right. It seems to be a setting provided by one of the add-ons.

@Lou - if you can't find the style changer at the bottom of the page, then you can also change your style from the preferences. It's the first setting on that page. Change it to Vision, then click save at the bottom of that page.

Yes, I've just received an update from the style developers.

On a desktop/laptop you may need to do a good ctrl-F5 or similar to do a "hard refresh" of the pages for some of the things that still may look broken for some members.

If you're using 'Default Green' then the font size setting in the preferences now also works. (It doesn't and will never work with 'Vision', however.)

have the emojis been disabled, they are not coming up on the post :) i mean the ollection of emojis we had from VV :)

have the emojis been disabled, they are not coming up on the post :) i mean the ollection of emojis we had from VV :)
You mean the smilies? Like these? :devil::fsm::df: They are still there. If they don't come up for you, then you may want to try a "hard refresh" of the page - something like ctrl-F5 on a desktop computer. Not sure what the equivalent is on a smartphone.

You mean the smilies? Like these? :devil::fsm::df: They are still there. If they don't come up for you, then you may want to try a "hard refresh" of the page - something like ctrl-F5 on a desktop computer. Not sure what the equivalent is on a smartphone.

not sure why but i cant see the emoji buton. on an ipad..

• Sad
not sure why but i cant see the emoji buton. on an ipad..
If the editor is too "squished" as it is in my phone, then some of the editor icons are moved into sub-menues that you can access by pressing the vertical dot-dot-dots. Try the one next to the image icon.

Reactions: Freesia
New issue this morning. I can’t access new threads or what’s new. And I don’t see the icon for my personal messages. No emoji/smileys either. I can use the ones from my phone though. Hopefully it’s a temporary glitch, otherwise, goodbye cruel world because there’s no way I can navigate with the way things are. 😭😭😭😭😭

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
This is what my text box looks like if I want to make a post.
38C79499-52D1-4DC7-8B92-E7B1509D2301.jpeg

New issue this morning. I can’t access new threads or what’s new. And I don’t see the icon for my personal messages. No emoji/smileys either. I can use the ones from my phone though. Hopefully it’s a temporary glitch, otherwise, goodbye cruel world because there’s no way I can navigate with the way things are. 😭😭😭😭😭
What kind of device and browser are you using? Is that an iPad? (You may need to do a hard refresh of the page, but how to do that depends on device and browser.)