Captain's Log

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Thought I should start a thread to log changes and improvements I do on the software side so you can see I'm not being lazy :)

Yesterday I made a change that will display 3rd level nodes in the forum differently (better!) than the default.

Today I've just installed a Norwegian language pack since that has been asked for by one of our members (me! :)) I might install a couple more languages as well. You can change the language from Preferences on your profile page.

Got the logo in there! I know the logo kinda sucks a bit, but I'm not really a designer ... If anyone feel like they can do a better job, feel free to send it to me!

Just installed v0.0.8 of XF Arcade. We have games, people! It should be available from the top menu ("Arcade"). Just the boring default games so far, but stay tuned, I'm sure I can install something slightly more interesting....

Since this is an alpha release of the arcade, it doesn't have all the functionality you may have seen on vBulletin or IPB arcades. The games should still work fine and your scores are recorded, but I don't think there is a leaderboard for each game.

It turns out XFArcade doesn't support the format properly yet, so it won't be able to store the scores at this point. So I've removed that game, but will hunt for others ....

Created a "Sexuality" forum, created an extra usergroup called "Not safe for work" and installed a plugin that allows users to join that usergroup. I guess we can all see how this will be useful :)

Excellent, beanstew! I guess it's sort of an album. The more pictures, the more you can claim it's an album, so just keep adding more :)

I just added another game to the arcade: The Great Giana Sisters! It's so slow on Firefox though, and apparently there is a sound glitch in my Chrome flash player now. But it's a cool game!

Forgot to mention I uploaded a game called "Frog crossing" as well, it's basically Frogger I think. As you may have noticed, I have a special attraction to old school / retro games. So unless there are any protests, I'll probably look for more of those :)

I've been thinking about adding a portal to the site, but I might hold off until the big wave of members arrives that I'm expecting one of these days .... :)

I must say that I very much like the software you are using.

I'm one who appreciates simplicity over glitz (which is meant to be a compliment by the way). When I logon to a forum I want most of it to be viewable up front with very little scrolling, I want a 'what's new' button that immediately shows me the threads that have been updated since my last visit, and I don't want to wade through a lot of BS to get my business done.

From what I've seen... you got it going on baby!

Now we just need to get your minions over here. :p

Reactions: Second Summer
Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy. Glad to hear you like the board software! Hopefully, others will see it this way too.

Btw, installed two more games: Asteroids, the revenge and Moonlander.

Created a "Sexuality" forum, created an extra usergroup called "Not safe for work" and installed a plugin that allows users to join that usergroup. I guess we can all see how this will be useful :)
Well I am bumping this post because I am all by myself in the Sexuality forum, and I don't want my palms to start getting hairy. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Hog