Forum software upgrade - oops

This is what I see when I first open VV.
C2F76B8E-4DC3-4029-9374-AA3193A337B8.png

This is what I get if I click on forums

B7014D5B-9664-48F3-AEC3-24D200034497.png

@KLS52 "Long-tapping" on the reload button works on some devices / browsers. It seems to be the icon on the right-hand side in your address bar.

If that doesn't work, you could also try closing the browser completely, and then open it again and type in the URL (veganforum.org).

I don't have an iPad with Safari (if that's what this is) so I don't know what works :shrug:

Reactions: KLS52
@KLS52 "Long-tapping" on the reload button works on some devices / browsers. It seems to be the icon on the right-hand side in your address bar.

If that doesn't work, you could also try closing the browser completely, and then open it again and type in the URL (veganforum.org).

I don't have an iPad with Safari (if that's what this is) so I don't know what works :shrug:

it seems to be intermittent because now it’s back. I did nothing to make it happen, lol, but I’ll take it. I was concerned it was going to be permanent because, well, you know...THE DRAMA! 😁 And even though I have to click on the three lines to get to new posts/what’s new I can deal with that.

3EB0735F-5606-445D-8F16-255B54727444.jpeg

Oh, I am using Safari on iPhone.

And even though I have to click on the three lines to get to new posts/what’s new I can deal with that.
Hmm, I think I've always had to do that on my phone. Was "What's new" an option you could tap directly on before? That would surprise me.

Hmm, I think I've always had to do that on my phone. Was "What's new" an option you could tap directly on before? That would surprise me.
Honestly, I’m not sure. I feel like it was always there up until about a couple of months or so...like maybe until the upgrade previous to this one. But I can’t be sure. Maybe I’m thinking about before the merge. My sense of time is off. I do know it takes more “clicking on things” to get to where I want to go. No worries. I’m good now. I appreciate your time and effort.

Well when I came in, I was thinking there was a problem with my phone reception, the icons were not really loading. I could still load my posts or new posts, and click to go to something still. It helps seeing there is this explanation instead of thinking from now on there is a problem with my phone. I don't know if it was needed, or I could see everything again the way I saw things loaded before, but I tried the display suggested, which was not what I had thought of before, and changed from default green to vision. This is working nicely enough, it seems, so far. I would stay with this if I don't see any further problem with it. I prefer seeing icons I clearly understand already, and don't guess at how they work, if they will, with what should be showing not there, and with not knowing what threads are closed already.

I've installed a couple of updates to the 'Default Green' style, and it seems to be working really well now. I recommend that everyone uses this, as this is the "official" style which is generally the one that looks/feels the best.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52