Suggestion Can the sig line limit be extended?

SapphireLightning

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
It is set to be rather short and as long as it doesn't get abused a limit of 256 character would be nice. I have had some funny ideas for a sig line here, but it won't fit and loses its meaning when cut.

Thank you

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I second the motion. but I have dibs on
"Vegan diets are for everyone. They are like sex...if it is not feeling good then you are doing it wrong!"

SapphireLightning

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I second the motion. but I have dibs on
"Vegan diets are for everyone. They are like sex...if it is not feeling good then you are doing it wrong!"
Crap! That is THE quote I was gonna do! Except mine was gonna end with "-Lou quoting some guy"

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'll 3rd this suggestion. I have a pretty small sig, but there wasn't room to put the person's name, so I had to use initials.

• 👍
Reactions: SapphireLightning

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I've increased the limit to 255. Is that sufficient? Yes, I know you asked for 256, but there are reasons. (255 is a magical number to computers, you see ...)
Shhhh - no need to broadcast that secret info ;) :p

*Thank you!!

SapphireLightning

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I've increased the limit to 255. Is that sufficient? Yes, I know you asked for 256, but there are reasons. (255 is a magical number to computers, you see ...)
LOAD"*",8,1
READY

SYS 49152

Hmm. that didnt work...

But yes, thank you :)

• 😍
Reactions: Indian Summer

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'll 3rd this suggestion. I have a pretty small sig, but there wasn't room to put the person's name, so I had to use initials.
I had to do that once, too

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Hard returns are not allowed....:(

Had to put it in a table. :)

Emma JC

• 🤣
Reactions: TofuRobot

SapphireLightning

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
O.M.G! A fellow Commodore 64 enthusiast! Who is also a vegan! This is almost too good to be true!
Once I am down to one job (this winter) I will be getting started in earnest on my C64 game. Too bad I no longer have the hardware, but I can develop using an emulator in strict mode. Just a small project, but I hope it brings me back to my Commode 64 days. List of Commodore computers this pone has owned as a child: C64 (plus a bunch of extras and extra 1541 drives the principal of my grade school gave me :) ), C128D, SX64 (traded a pocket computer with a classmate for that one), A1200 (tricked out with a good CPU/FPU card and 8 megs of fast ram), A500 (bought off of classmate to run my BBS back in the day.)
I still remember using the daisy wheel printer I had for my C64/C128D back when I had a teacher who had a strict "NO WORDPROCESSOR RULE!", just handwritten or typed on typewriter. Don't think the teacher even knew daisy wheel printers were a thing. :D

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Once I am down to one job (this winter) I will be getting started in earnest on my C64 game. Too bad I no longer have the hardware, but I can develop using an emulator in strict mode. Just a small project, but I hope it brings me back to my Commode 64 days. List of Commodore computers this pone has owned as a child: C64 (plus a bunch of extras and extra 1541 drives the principal of my grade school gave me :) ), C128D, SX64 (traded a pocket computer with a classmate for that one), A1200 (tricked out with a good CPU/FPU card and 8 megs of fast ram), A500 (bought off of classmate to run my BBS back in the day.)
I still remember using the daisy wheel printer I had for my C64/C128D back when I had a teacher who had a strict "NO WORDPROCESSOR RULE!", just handwritten or typed on typewriter. Don't think the teacher even knew daisy wheel printers were a thing. :D
That is really cool - impressive :) I will write more about my C64 adventures when I have more time. I didn't have as much cool Commodore hardware, but I have done some programming/coding (though it's a looong time ago, in a universe far, far away).

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Somehow the word 'broadcast' flew right by...