Can Anyone Help?

That’s nice and simple. Can I just add baking powder if I don’t have self rising flour?

I need strawberries now. I have the so delicious coco whip. Or I want strawberries now lol.

That’s nice and simple. Can I just add baking powder if I don’t have self rising flour?
In that link the highlighted ingredients take you to a page with descriptions of the ingredient. For self rising flour you do just add baking powder. For caster sugar you can just blend reg sugar.

"To make self-raising flour, mix 100g plain flour with 1 tsp baking powder."

I love that site now!

Reactions: KLS52
In that link the highlighted ingredients take you to a page with descriptions of the ingredient. For self rising flour you do just add baking powder. For caster sugar you can just blend reg sugar.

"To make self-raising flour, mix 100g plain flour with 1 tsp baking powder."

I love that site now!
Oh cool!

Any good ideas on what to do with Clementines that are Very tart?
Usually they are really sweet but, the last batch I bought area inedible!
I don’t usually cook fruit but, I don’t know what to do with these...
Open to any ideas...
So, after almost a month I Still hadn’t done anything with the clementines. Yesterday I saw another cake recipe and thought that I would make a cake with them. Of course I don’t have flour or baking powder so I would have to go to the shop which I thought I would do today. This morning though I realised that I really didn’t want to bake a cake. So I put the clementines into my little electric chopper - that I got from Lidl for about 12€ and which works great - added a bit of maple syrup and
blitzed it up - thicker than juice but not a smoothie - It was really nice, and definitely healthier than a cake!

• Informative
Looking for tart filling ideas, I often use mushrooms that’s what I did today.
I have a half a sheet of pastry left and haven’t decided what to fill it with...
Any suggestions?

I have a half a sheet of pastry left and haven’t decided what to fill it with...
Any suggestions?
I would be tempted to make a vegan Cornish pasty.

Any suggestions?
Like this-
I love that! I like sauteed mushrooms, garlic, onions, sage,thyme and rosemary and nooch

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good source of probiotics for making cashew cheese?

Some of the commercial products out there are quite expensive so if anyone also has a link to how to culture my own starter that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Noel

Hi,

Some of the commercial products out there are quite expensive so if anyone also has a link to how to culture my own starter that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Noel
Well, I don't know anything about this subject - but hate to see a question hanging.
Not sure but I don't think you need probiotics to make cheese from cashews. I've made Moxarella with cashews - no probiotics necessary.
But if you really want the probiotics, look for acidophilus - its pretty cheap.

Hi,

Thanks,
Noel
If you just want a simple fermented cheese I use the same ones I make soy yogurt with. 50 billion
https://www.amazon.com/NewRhythm-Pr...0&sr=1-1-f0029781-b79b-4b60-9cb0-eeda4dea34d6
If you're looking to do a more fancy, cultured cheese like roquefort then some kind of pennicilin, which I know nothing about

• Informative
Pennicillin? really? That is how they Roquefort? learn something new very day.

Not sure you even need something so fancy as that New Rhythm product. It has 20 strains. Which might be good for your gut but just some acidophilus ought to be good enough to culture cashews .

Pennicillin? really? That is how they Roquefort? learn something new very day.

Not sure you even need something so fancy as that New Rhythm product. It has 20 strains. Which might be good for your gut but just some acidophilus ought to be good enough to culture cashews .
Not sure, but the New Rhythum has the strains for yogurt, and I do know I need the 50 billion active cultures for proper yogurt. I tried a lesser one, and it was thin and tasted quite off.
I blend cashews with just enough water, then blend in the contents of capsule, and scoop in nut milk bag and hang. It gets thick like --cream cheese?Not sliceable, but spreadable

I actually prefer this one, made with soy yogurt and cashews-

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou