Can Anyone Help?

I got this from my Asian grocery-It was $3 something- and I liked it a lot. Not at all spicy, it was kinda oily though. The only one in that brand that was vegan

Reactions: KLS52
I do like coconut in curry. And I have chili sauce. I don’t have curry paste. So I’m wondering if just using curry powder with the other spices will be good enough or if I should go out and find curry paste.

Reactions: Val
Maybe I’ll order some from amazon.

Reactions: Val
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I do like coconut in curry. And I have chili sauce. I don’t have curry paste. So I’m wondering if just using curry powder with the other spices will be good enough or if I should go out and find curry paste.
If only i could share my leftovers of asafoetida (hing) with you... Leftovers are in a very good condition and still taste good!😁 It has sour taste and can be added in everything, including curry (but i guess, you know everything about asafoetida pretty well)... I regretted i hadn't bought enough spices and seasonings (i even had to make mom buy me turmeric powder + ground pepper a couple times). And it's "highly unlikely" that my sumac will ever arrive. Maybe i'll ask that migrant-woman once again...

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52

I never buy curry paste only very good quality powder in the UK. All the major supermarkets have excellent tasting and inexpensive brands.

I found the following article very well written about the difference between curry powder and paste.

I usually make Madras and Indian style curries and perhaps that is the reason why I prefer to use curry powder.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I found an organic Thai yellow curry paste on Amazon that I absolutely love. It makes it very easy because all of the spices for a delicious yellow curry are in there. I hate when I have to measure out too many ingredients. And it tastes just like restaurant yellow curry!

I found an organic Thai yellow curry paste on Amazon that I absolutely love. It makes it very easy because all of the spices for a delicious yellow curry are in there. I hate when I have to measure out too many ingredients. And it tastes just like restaurant yellow curry!
And you're not going to link it!
I have a half container of Mae Ploy yellow curry paste that's been in my fridge---I have no idea......

I made 1.5 cups of vegan mayo to use in a potato salad, and then cole slaw. I need ways to use it up! I didn't think I could make less with an immersion blender.
I'm thinking some kind of noochy garlic sauce, but really, a way to freeze it would be best
I really miss cheap Just Mayo

• Haha
That sounds great! I love that it's oil free-that was something that skeeved me out a bit with mine, very oily

I bought Napa cabbage and it looks like this, all the way through. Is it OK to eat?
26AF2CED-5F6D-45A4-A6D3-329DB5820142.jpeg5CBB7FBE-CF73-4F02-8919-32C7D5414056.jpeg

I thought mold initially but it doesn’t really look like it in person but I don’t know what else it could be. I guess I was hoping it’s just a flaw in the cabbage. 😩 I just bought it 2-3 days ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Random question...

Do you think it would work if you cooked cake batter like you do pancakes? 🤔🤔🤔

I don't see why not because pancakes are a runny type of cake batter.
Oh good. I thought so too but wasn’t sure. I’m going to try it. I can add extra liquid if the cake batter is too thick.

I have a vegan cake mix...basic yellow. I want to add shredded zucchini and carrots, maybe some chopped pecans, cinnamon/spice. Do I need to make any adjustments to the remaining ingredients? Maybe cut back on the liquid since the carrots and zucchini have some water content to them? Let me know what you think please and thanks!

I have a vegan cake mix...basic yellow. I want to add shredded zucchini and carrots, maybe some chopped pecans, cinnamon/spice. Do I need to make any adjustments to the remaining ingredients? Maybe cut back on the liquid since the carrots and zucchini have some water content to them? Let me know what you think please and thanks!

You can add a small amount of each and you'd only need to slightly adjust the amount of liquid. If I rightly remember packet cake mixes only
contain flour, sugar and rising agents.