Vegan British Pancakes

Wilkinson's, I think. But you can pretty much get them anywhere :)

They're thicker than a traditional french crepe, but when I ordered crepes in the US years ago, they were the thickness of British pancakes. So, I dunno :p They look like this:

Pancakes-on-a-plate-001.jpg
Ok, I make crepes, the recipe is very similar to the one posted. I love wrapping in them all different kinds of things, from sweet to savory. :)

I want to try these! I'm not a huge fan of American-style pancakes, they're just... too much. (I love, love, love waffles, though!)

Are they normally eaten with some sort of filling, like a crepe, or just plain?

I want to try these! I'm not a huge fan of American-style pancakes, they're just... too much. (I love, love, love waffles, though!)

Traditionally, it's a sprinkle of sugar and a squirt of lemon juice, but you can put whatever you want in them. Jam, chocolate spread, peanut butter, fruit, cinnamon... some people have them savoury too (although I really dislike that)

With a filling normally, my favourites are chocolate spread and bananas or lemon juice and sugar/ :lick:

Awesome. I will probably try them plain first, with sugar and lemon. I'm more a savory person than sweet, so I could see myself wrapping these with a bit of tofu scramble or something.

Butter and sugar! like inch thick butter and a tablespoon of sugar...
I really want pancakes now....I like to roll them up so a whole pancake is a bitesize piece. When my dad used to make them on Pancake day my sister and I would eat at least 10 each....NOM!

Reactions: TreeHugger
I want to try, as I also am not a huge fan of American pancakes. It's like mmmm pancakes I love them... Then after like not even a full one it's like ewww pancakes, why so much!

I do like crapes sometimes.

Traditionally, it's a sprinkle of sugar and a squirt of lemon juice, but you can put whatever you want in them. Jam, chocolate spread, peanut butter, fruit, cinnamon... some people have them savoury too (although I really dislike that)

I don't know... I have this awesome curry-pancake recipe where you make a dry lightly spiced vegetable curry, make pancakes and wrap them up with vegetables inside, and pour over a tomato curry sauce, and bake in the oven. Honestly it's the best comfort food! A real butchering of traditional cuisine but man is it yummy! I also sometimes just use roast vegetables and a tomato and basil sauce instead.

In general though, I like pancakes with lemon and sugar, or chocolate spread, or golden syrup. :D My recipe is a combination of flour, corn flour and almond milk. Really simple, but I never write down the amounts... the corn flour (corn starch) really holds them together, but too much and they taste rubbery. I might add some vanilla extract/pepper and salt (depending on sweet or savoury) but that's it.

Oh and what's the difference between an american and scottish pancake? They seem like the same thing to me. :s