UK Brexit aftermath/repercussions

1581682615436.png

Welcome to the reality that people from outside of Europe have been facing all the time.

When I was living in Asia, whenever I was traveling with Asian colleagues and using the same line they used, I often experienced that.

If in the "Non-EU-Citizens" line in front of you there is a traveler with a passport from Bangladesh, Mongolia or Afghanistan, typically the border guards need a little more time to check out the visa and everything else.

Strange that you posted this photo of Schiphol as I was actually thinking about my previous experiences (many of them) of this airport just this morning. Regardless of whatever passport you hold, it's always chaos.:rolleyes:

At one time, I nearly missed my connecting flight to Los Angeles because of their horrendous queues and lack of staff. I have now switched to either Gatwick or even CDG which are both far more efficient for handling in/out going passengers.

Don't always believe what you see posted on SM. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your experiences, I have transferred there many times and so far have no bad experiences.

But as I mentioned, whenever I was traveling with a colleague from Malaysia, and accompanied them on the travel through customers, I longingly eyed the short and quick queues at the "European citizens" counters....

Sorry to hear about your experiences, I have transferred there many times and so far have no bad experiences.

But as I mentioned, whenever I was traveling with a colleague from Malaysia, and accompanied them on the travel through customers, I longingly eyed the short and quick queues at the "European citizens" counters....

Because we don't need visas. Have you ever entered the US as a non US citizen ? You can bring your camp bed with you. ;)

Last time I traveled there, there was the "Visa Waiver" program in place. Don't know if that still exists.

But the problem is, if you do not need a visa, however, the 10 people in front of you do, and the border guard needs to check them, then you have to wait as well.

It also depends on the airport that you land at and the time of day. When I fly into LAX, there are about 7 to 8 long haul flights that arrive at the same time. Despite having a visa via VWP, the queues are still horrendous. It sometimes takes a full hour to clear US customs.

Even when you depart, they are not very efficient or very friendly at TSA. All of this doesn't put me off from flying to the States. :blush: