Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckwheat is a plant that is cultivated for its grain-like seeds. It looks a lot like wheat or barley. After you cook it, it tastes great when you add berries or fruit to it. Buckwheat is itself the seed of a fruit. It is NOT a grain. It is, in fact, related to the rhubarb plant.

I like to sweeten cooked buckwheat with maple syrup. I also like to eat it like I would a bowl of cereal. I pour an unsweetened, cashew beverage in my bowl rather than milk from a cow though.

Check out:
Good info. I definitely did not know what it was or have ever had it.

Now I will have to try it. I think they have it in the bulk food aisle. I'll buy 2 cups worth and try it out.

Reactions: Ger
Oh. I never heard about that. I googled it. It's a brand. They have it on Amazon. I think I'll try some. What's a good flavor?
My favorites are teriyaki and hickory smoke. The texas bbq is also good.

Reactions: Lou
Thanks. I'll let you know how I like them.
but, wait? You have them for breakfast?????
Had to do grocery shopping so it was whatever I could grab from the store and eat quickly.

Toast (whole wheat) with lowered sodium Vegemite and iceberg lettuce.

I had the most magical breakfast...I had roasted potatoes and assorted roasted veggies drowned in vegan cheez sauce at my favorite vegetarian restaurant, accompanied by the Pride Shake (a fruit and ginger smoothie with all the colors of the rainbow!) served to me by my awesome trans-lady friend who also majors in Enviro Sci.

I love living in this town. Sometimes days are bad and they suck, but then I have story book breakfasts like these.

High fiber whole wheat toasted bread sandwiches filled with hashbrowns, Cos lettuce, pickle slices, mustard and ketchup.

Reactions: Emma JC
My usual breakfast

- 1 Wholemeal bread
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Bell pepper
- Spring onions
- Spinach (I have way more than in the photo, but took some away to see the rest of the plate lol).
- Raisins
- Tomato sauce
- Mexican spicy bean burger
- Green tea with turmeric and ginger added

vegan-breakfast-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
My usual breakfast

- 1 Wholemeal bread
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Bell pepper
- Spring onions
- Spinach (I have way more than in the photo, but took some away to see the rest of the plate lol).
- Raisins
- Tomato sauce
- Mexican spicy bean burger
- Green tea with turmeric and ginger added

vegan-breakfast-1024x683.jpg
Looks yum!

This morning I had some homemade hash browns (potatoes, crushed whole flax seeds, salt), leek, ketchup (tomato sauce, dates, ginger), salt +

some of the same in a whole wheat sandwich, plus sliced pickle, radish and tofu +

some more whole wheat bread with lowered sodium vegemite.

Hopefully that should satisfy until lunch. Yesterday I found I had to eat 4 meals because I did some high intensity exercise and
the usual fair I eat wasn't enough.

I had (and will be having) oats and sprouted barley for breakfast for a while, instead of my usual hash brown sandwiches with veggies/ tofu etc. I have a fair amount of rolled oats to get through.

This morning's breakfast was blended up water, rolled oats, sprouted barley and jaggery (unrefined cane sugar) powder. Basically, porridge. Yummy porridge. I also had a hash brown sandwich on whole wheat with broccoli and salt to finish it off.

Today I popped a gf pita bread in the toaster. When it was a little bit cooked and crispy, I topped it with a mixture of pan fried vegetarian "duck", mushrooms and red pepper. Then I sprinkled it with vegan cheese and put it under the broiler. Wahlah....it was just like a vegan duck pizza. Really good!

I have a new favourite breakfast.

1/2 rolled oats in the microwave (in water) for 2 minutes, stirring half way through. 2+ tablespoons of flax meal, 1 tbsp peanut butter powder, a sprinkle of chopped walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon greens powder, sliced banana, cup of frozen berries. Stir it altogether so it looks like a dog's breakfast and eat slowly chewing each bite for a long time while reading this forum.:yum

Oh and 2 dates chopped up.

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I’ve been on an overnight oats kick. Oats, toasted sliced almonds, chia, coconut, a dollop of soy yogurt and oat milk.

I made a smoothie out of frozen bananas, chocolate hazelnut milk and a spoonful of peanut butter.

I've also been drinking more tea this summer instead of coffee. Especially since I can drink iced tea all day long.

yup, today was a smoothie day for me too... yum

mixed frozen berries, ground flax, peanut butter powder, greens powder, banana, almond milk

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.