Breakfast?

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Buckwheat is a plant that is cultivated for its grain-like seeds. It looks a lot like wheat or barley. After you cook it, it tastes great when you add berries or fruit to it. Buckwheat is itself the seed of a fruit. It is NOT a grain. It is, in fact, related to the rhubarb plant.

I like to sweeten cooked buckwheat with maple syrup. I also like to eat it like I would a bowl of cereal. I pour an unsweetened, cashew beverage in my bowl rather than milk from a cow though.

Check out:
Good info. I definitely did not know what it was or have ever had it.

Now I will have to try it. I think they have it in the bulk food aisle. I'll buy 2 cups worth and try it out.

Reactions: Ger

amberfunk

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Oh. I never heard about that. I googled it. It's a brand. They have it on Amazon. I think I'll try some. What's a good flavor?
My favorites are teriyaki and hickory smoke. The texas bbq is also good.

Reactions: Lou

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
My favorites are teriyaki and hickory smoke. The texas bbq is also good.
Thanks. I'll let you know how I like them.
but, wait? You have them for breakfast?????

amberfunk

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Thanks. I'll let you know how I like them.
but, wait? You have them for breakfast?????
Had to do grocery shopping so it was whatever I could grab from the store and eat quickly.

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Cereal w/ banana slices, hemp and vanilla soy milk mixed (ran out of hemp), and a few pecan pieces. Coffee.

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had the most magical breakfast...I had roasted potatoes and assorted roasted veggies drowned in vegan cheez sauce at my favorite vegetarian restaurant, accompanied by the Pride Shake (a fruit and ginger smoothie with all the colors of the rainbow!) served to me by my awesome trans-lady friend who also majors in Enviro Sci.

I love living in this town. Sometimes days are bad and they suck, but then I have story book breakfasts like these.