Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start: Coffee with malted barley syrup

Then reheated "fries" from frozen, broccoli, and tofu, with a dipping sauce made of blended water, flax seeds, salt, ginger, ketchup and mustard.

To start: Coffee with malted barley syrup

Flax "fries" with ketchup and mustard.

My flax fries are potato strips that are mixed in a bag with added (and pre blended) flaxseed meal, water, salt and spices and then slow cooked (covered) until soft then uncovered until semi-dry.

A bowlful of fruit and nuts - bananas, frozen berries, chopped dates, almonds, walnuts - enjoyed with a hot cup of Earl Grey tea Tao of Tea Black Mango loose leaf blended black tea

Last edited:
Reactions: Forest Nymph
Water with orange peel and kidney bean puree, alongisde my normal breakfast. It has recently been proven as a strong preventative for at least 2 high risk diseases faced by western culture (not to be named for superstitious reasons).

I didn't have much of a breakfast, more of a brunch with my burrito. I did however snack on some chunks of frozen mango, and some alfalfa sprouts that I sprouted myself!

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I had a truly homemade brunch this morning. All prepared products except the ketchup and oil made from scratch.

Flat Wraps (sprouted barley, wholewheat flour, water and salt) filled with:

cooked lentils
lettuce
broccoli
hash browns (potatoes, water, crushed flax seed, salt)
salsa (apple cider vinegar (homemade), tomato sauce, red pepper, onion, garlic, salt)
ketchup

Then I had some sweet barley balls - sprouted barley, oats(as flour), dates, peanut butter and a little olive oil for cooking.

Lentil gravy recipe por favor? :)
Sure. Cook red lentils separate in a veggie stock or no chicken bouillion, melt earth balance in a pan and add sage, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground rosemary and thyme. Add garbanzo bean flour to make a rue and then add some almond milk to start making the gravy. Let it thicken and slowly add the lentils and broth to the pan, let thicken and serve over biscuits.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Sure. Cook red lentils separate in a veggie stock or no chicken bouillion, melt earth balance in a pan and add sage, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground rosemary and thyme. Add garbanzo bean flour to make a rue and then add some almond milk to start making the gravy. Let it thicken and slowly add the lentils and broth to the pan, let thicken and serve over biscuits.

Can you give the measurements/percentages for the ingredients please?

Flax fries (potato strips slow cooked in a combination of water, crushed flax seed, cumin powder, caramelized onion and salt), Tofu scramble, broccoli, and a high fiber whole wheat bread with a little teriyaki sauce.

I'm stuffed.

Tofu sandwiches again, on whole wheat with some leek and Cos lettuce and salt.

This morning's breaky:

Brown rice (cooked from previously soaked and frozen), hash browns (potatoes, flaxseed, salt), scrambled tofu, broccoli, tomato, radish and lightly seasoned with a bit of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Vegetable spring rolls, tater tots, broccoli and a couple of dips for them:

Homemade spicy pinto bean paste
Homemade salsa

Status
Not open for further replies.