Breakfast?

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Sourdough bread with my pinto bean paste, pickles, broccoli, tomato and salt.

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Breakfast wraps:

Homemade Whole meal wraps (Whole wheat flour, water, crushed flax, salt)

Filled with:

Scrambled Tofu, Cos lettuce, red bell pepper, onion, pickle slices, salt

Also since I made the bread this morning I overcooked a wrap so cooked it further
and make whole wheat chips out of it, which I had with some salsa and broccoli

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Breakfast wraps:

Homemade Whole meal wraps (Whole wheat flour, water, crushed flax, salt)

Filled with:

Scrambled Tofu, Cos lettuce, red bell pepper, onion, pickle slices, salt

Also since I made the bread this morning I overcooked a wrap so cooked it further
and make whole wheat chips out of it, which I had with some salsa and broccoli
This again, minus the whole wheat chips and bell pepper, but including broccoli. 9am or so. It's almost 2:30pm, I've been active - and still not hungry.

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Oatmeal (rolled oats), dates and strawberries - the former two as a heated blend then strawberries added.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Oatmeal in the microwave with soy milk. I must be doing something right. It didn't boil over.
Added raisins and maple syrup.
Ran out of blueberries a few days ago. I'm Going to the Farmer's Market next week for strawberries.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I was a little worried about the pineapple and the plain soy yogurt I've had in the frig for over a week. So I took all the pineapple (about 2 cups), all the yogurt (about two cups ), 2 cups of coconut milk, 3 frozen banana, a scoop of protein powder and two tbsp of ground flax seed and blended it up. A little reminiscent of a pina colada.

Actually started with just one cup of coconut milk. but it was too thick.

It's really good, tho. I may do this on purpose on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Typically for breakfast I'll have overnight buckwheat groats:
2 Tbsp buckwheat
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa
1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder
3/4 - 1 cup almond milk
Mix together, refrigerate overnight. Next morning, top with frozen raspberries. By the time I get to work, the raspberries are thawed and there's a bit of juice that gives it a little sweetness.

On weekends I have pancakes and just substitute a flax egg for the egg. I actually forgot the flax egg this morning and you couldn't tell.

Reactions: Nekodaiden and Lou

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Same as yesterday.
pineapple/yogurt/ coconut milk /banana/protein powder and ground flax seed smoothie.

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Ikea's potato pancakes with tempeh facon and breakfast beans, toast with jam and peanut butter.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden

Ger

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Flexitarian

Ger

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Flexitarian
Most mornings, I just enjoy having a bowl of buckwheat for breakfast; along with my coffee, of course -- lol. Periodically, I take a cotton bag with me to a nearby natural food store where I fill it up with locally-grown, organic buckwheat groats. When cooking them, I make enough to last me for the better part of the week. I do this by adding about a cup and a half of groats to a pot of water that I've already brought to a boil. Sometimes I add sliced-up apples to the boiling pot of water too. I especially like Ambrosia apples. Anyway, after I've added the groats to the boiling water, I then let them cook for about 30 minutes. After the groats have been cooked, I drain out the water with a sieve. Then I dump the groats into a very large bowl. If I haven't already added sliced-up apples to the groats, while I was cooking them, I might dump blueberries, or some other kind of fruit, into the bowl as well, and then mix it all up. When done, I put a plate on top of the bowl and put it all in the fridge.

In the morning, when I'm ready to have breakfast, I simply fill up a regular-sized bowl with the buckwheat mixture, that I've put away in the fridge, and heat it up in the microwave for about a minute. After the DING, I take the bowl out and splash a little maple syrup over the buckwheat. Then I pour an unsweetened, cashew, non-dairy beverage into the bowl to finish it off. Voila!

I've been eating buckwheat almost every morning for a decade or more now. I never seem to tire of it. In fact, I still find it to be quite delicious. -- :)

amberfunk

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Just had a primal strip, a few blackberries and green grapes on the go. It was a stressful and busy morning.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Most mornings, I just enjoy having a bowl of buckwheat for breakfast; along with my coffee, of course -- lol. Periodically, I take a cotton bag with me to a nearby natural food store where I fill it up with locally-grown, organic buckwheat groats. When cooking them, I make enough to last me for the better part of the week. I do this by adding about a cup and a half of groats to a pot of water that I've already brought to a boil. Sometimes I add sliced-up apples to the boiling pot of water too. I especially like Ambrosia apples. Anyway, after I've added the groats to the boiling water, I then let them cook for about 30 minutes. After the groats have been cooked, I drain out the water with a sieve. Then I dump the groats into a very large bowl. If I haven't already added sliced-up apples to the groats, while I was cooking them, I might dump blueberries, or some other kind of fruit, into the bowl as well, and then mix it all up. When done, I put a plate on top of the bowl and put it all in the fridge.

In the morning, when I'm ready to have breakfast, I simply fill up a regular-sized bowl with the buckwheat mixture, that I've put away in the fridge, and heat it up in the microwave for about a minute. After the DING, I take the bowl out and splash a little maple syrup over the buckwheat. Then I pour an unsweetened, cashew, non-dairy beverage into the bowl to finish it off. Voila!

I've been eating buckwheat almost every morning for a decade or more now. I never seem to tire of it. In fact, I still find it to be quite delicious. -- :)
I hate to admit but I'm not even sure what Buckwheat is.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
When I was growing up, Buckwheat was a little boy on the TV show Our Gang.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Just had a primal strip, a few blackberries and green grapes on the go. It was a stressful and busy morning.
What is a primal strip? I know what primordial soup is but I don't think you had that for breakfast.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I had an oj/mango juice smoothie with banana and protein powder.

Nekodaiden

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Pinto bean spread on whole wheat toast with some Cos lettuce and pickle slices.

Ger

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Flexitarian

Buckwheat is a plant that is cultivated for its grain-like seeds. It looks a lot like wheat or barley. After you cook it, it tastes great when you add berries or fruit to it. Buckwheat is itself the seed of a fruit. It is NOT a grain. It is, in fact, related to the rhubarb plant.

I like to sweeten cooked buckwheat with maple syrup. I also like to eat it like I would a bowl of cereal. I pour an unsweetened, cashew beverage in my bowl rather than milk from a cow though.

Check out:

Reactions: Lou

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Vegan jerky.
Oh. I never heard about that. I googled it. It's a brand. They have it on Amazon. I think I'll try some. What's a good flavor?