Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sourdough bread with my pinto bean paste, pickles, broccoli, tomato and salt.

Breakfast wraps:

Homemade Whole meal wraps (Whole wheat flour, water, crushed flax, salt)

Filled with:

Scrambled Tofu, Cos lettuce, red bell pepper, onion, pickle slices, salt

Also since I made the bread this morning I overcooked a wrap so cooked it further
and make whole wheat chips out of it, which I had with some salsa and broccoli

Breakfast wraps:

Homemade Whole meal wraps (Whole wheat flour, water, crushed flax, salt)

Filled with:

Scrambled Tofu, Cos lettuce, red bell pepper, onion, pickle slices, salt

Also since I made the bread this morning I overcooked a wrap so cooked it further
and make whole wheat chips out of it, which I had with some salsa and broccoli

This again, minus the whole wheat chips and bell pepper, but including broccoli. 9am or so. It's almost 2:30pm, I've been active - and still not hungry.

Oatmeal (rolled oats), dates and strawberries - the former two as a heated blend then strawberries added.

Oatmeal in the microwave with soy milk. I must be doing something right. It didn't boil over.
Added raisins and maple syrup.
Ran out of blueberries a few days ago. I'm Going to the Farmer's Market next week for strawberries.

I was a little worried about the pineapple and the plain soy yogurt I've had in the frig for over a week. So I took all the pineapple (about 2 cups), all the yogurt (about two cups ), 2 cups of coconut milk, 3 frozen banana, a scoop of protein powder and two tbsp of ground flax seed and blended it up. A little reminiscent of a pina colada.

Actually started with just one cup of coconut milk. but it was too thick.

It's really good, tho. I may do this on purpose on a regular basis.

Typically for breakfast I'll have overnight buckwheat groats:
2 Tbsp buckwheat
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa
1 scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder
3/4 - 1 cup almond milk
Mix together, refrigerate overnight. Next morning, top with frozen raspberries. By the time I get to work, the raspberries are thawed and there's a bit of juice that gives it a little sweetness.

On weekends I have pancakes and just substitute a flax egg for the egg. I actually forgot the flax egg this morning and you couldn't tell.

Reactions: Nekodaiden and Lou
Ikea's potato pancakes with tempeh facon and breakfast beans, toast with jam and peanut butter.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Most mornings, I just enjoy having a bowl of buckwheat for breakfast; along with my coffee, of course -- lol. Periodically, I take a cotton bag with me to a nearby natural food store where I fill it up with locally-grown, organic buckwheat groats. When cooking them, I make enough to last me for the better part of the week. I do this by adding about a cup and a half of groats to a pot of water that I've already brought to a boil. Sometimes I add sliced-up apples to the boiling pot of water too. I especially like Ambrosia apples. Anyway, after I've added the groats to the boiling water, I then let them cook for about 30 minutes. After the groats have been cooked, I drain out the water with a sieve. Then I dump the groats into a very large bowl. If I haven't already added sliced-up apples to the groats, while I was cooking them, I might dump blueberries, or some other kind of fruit, into the bowl as well, and then mix it all up. When done, I put a plate on top of the bowl and put it all in the fridge.

In the morning, when I'm ready to have breakfast, I simply fill up a regular-sized bowl with the buckwheat mixture, that I've put away in the fridge, and heat it up in the microwave for about a minute. After the DING, I take the bowl out and splash a little maple syrup over the buckwheat. Then I pour an unsweetened, cashew, non-dairy beverage into the bowl to finish it off. Voila!

I've been eating buckwheat almost every morning for a decade or more now. I never seem to tire of it. In fact, I still find it to be quite delicious. -- :)

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Just had a primal strip, a few blackberries and green grapes on the go. It was a stressful and busy morning.

Most mornings, I just enjoy having a bowl of buckwheat for breakfast; along with my coffee, of course -- lol. Periodically, I take a cotton bag with me to a nearby natural food store where I fill it up with locally-grown, organic buckwheat groats. When cooking them, I make enough to last me for the better part of the week. I do this by adding about a cup and a half of groats to a pot of water that I've already brought to a boil. Sometimes I add sliced-up apples to the boiling pot of water too. I especially like Ambrosia apples. Anyway, after I've added the groats to the boiling water, I then let them cook for about 30 minutes. After the groats have been cooked, I drain out the water with a sieve. Then I dump the groats into a very large bowl. If I haven't already added sliced-up apples to the groats, while I was cooking them, I might dump blueberries, or some other kind of fruit, into the bowl as well, and then mix it all up. When done, I put a plate on top of the bowl and put it all in the fridge.

In the morning, when I'm ready to have breakfast, I simply fill up a regular-sized bowl with the buckwheat mixture, that I've put away in the fridge, and heat it up in the microwave for about a minute. After the DING, I take the bowl out and splash a little maple syrup over the buckwheat. Then I pour an unsweetened, cashew, non-dairy beverage into the bowl to finish it off. Voila!

I've been eating buckwheat almost every morning for a decade or more now. I never seem to tire of it. In fact, I still find it to be quite delicious. -- :)

I hate to admit but I'm not even sure what Buckwheat is.

Just had a primal strip, a few blackberries and green grapes on the go. It was a stressful and busy morning.

What is a primal strip? I know what primordial soup is but I don't think you had that for breakfast.

Pinto bean spread on whole wheat toast with some Cos lettuce and pickle slices.

I hate to admit but I'm not even sure what Buckwheat is.

Buckwheat is a plant that is cultivated for its grain-like seeds. It looks a lot like wheat or barley. After you cook it, it tastes great when you add berries or fruit to it. Buckwheat is itself the seed of a fruit. It is NOT a grain. It is, in fact, related to the rhubarb plant.

I like to sweeten cooked buckwheat with maple syrup. I also like to eat it like I would a bowl of cereal. I pour an unsweetened, cashew beverage in my bowl rather than milk from a cow though.

Check out:

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.