What's in your Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a large fish pond (it was here before we moved) a small fenced off vegetable plot, a large polytunnel, a summer house, a shed, 5 huge compost heaps, a bunny garden (the rabbit loves her freedom!) 4 paddocks full of rescued hens and an area for playing boule.

Why doesn't that look like the tomato plants I see around here?
I have a tomato plant, it had flowers. Now they're gone. It seems to be doing quite well, as a plant!
My mint and basil are good at least

It looks like a regular tomato plant to me! Maybe the ones there are a different variety.

I lost all my potted plants because we had heavy rain a couple of weeks ago for a few days. They got water logged and never quite bounced back. I never had that happen before.

Well, the tomatoes ended up being a huge fail after looking so promising. They never got any bigger than peas even though they turned red! I emailed Back to the Roots and he just provided some "hints" but I am pretty sure the heat got to them. They are worthless! Back to the Roots is sending me some more seeds to try again when the weather cools off. Here is a picture of ripe pea sized tomatoes. Never saw such a thing! :D

IMG_20210825_181030.jpg

Well, the tomatoes ended up being a huge fail after looking so promising. They never got any bigger than peas even though they turned red! I emailed Back to the Roots and he just provided some "hints" but I am pretty sure the heat got to them. They are worthless! Back to the Roots is sending me some more seeds to try again when the weather cools off. Here is a picture of ripe pea sized tomatoes. Never saw such a thing! :D

View attachment 25659
Tomato season where I live, was pretty dismal last summer. I am hoping I we have more luck this summer (I'm in Australia). We are going into spring now, and we have snow peas, shelling peas, lettuce, carrot, leeks, parsley, peppers, spinach, arugula and cilantro.

View attachment 25659
Lack of water 🤔 maybe

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I watered faithfully every day so I think the 100 F temps did this. The support guy said optimal temperature was closer to 70 F!

I watered faithfully every day so I think the 100 F temps did this. The support guy said optimal temperature was closer to 70 F!
In 40 C the growth stops.
But it could be almost anything else as well or a combination of things. I know, not very helpful...

In 40 C the growth stops.
But it could be almost anything else as well or a combination of things. I know, not very helpful...
Wait... what?
I mean the plant begins to die in 40 C. The growth stops at 10 C.
...This is what happens when I write to Vegan Forum half asleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.