Whatcha Eatin?

A smokey aubergine & lentil stew made with pasata, oregano tpv and various other spices.
Sliced peeled tomato & vegan mozzarella with vinaigrette/fresh basil leaves. A slice of ww granary baguette spread.
A wedge of Piel de sapo melon.
Shandy made with tequila flavoured beer.

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Air fried marinated (smoked paprika) tofu with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses served on a bed of chopped gem lettuce, cucumbers, avocados/vinaigrette/yeast flakes. Granary baguette/spread.
A coconut milk strawberry yogurt.

this morning is going to be a feast (he just doesn't know it yet) - it's my honey's birthday so.... he mentioned that he might go to Tim Horton's for a bagel for his birthday breakfast so instead I am bringing the bagel to him... it will have cheez, Gardein breakfast sausage, Just Egg folded patty (I found them for the first time and at only one place, WalMart) and some orange juice - all the things we never have...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I had a Chocolate Caramel Latte, I like oat milk but soy milk froths better, so thought I'd mix them up. Mostly oat milk with a little soy milk. Didn't work.
:D
I had a fruit breakfast of watermelon, clementine and a banana, and a handful of dill pickle chip nuts.
For lunch I took the leftover pasta sauce from yesterday, added a can of black beans and a can of 6-bean medley and we had chili! With a slice of vegan-buttered sourdough rye toast. A vegan Oatmeal-Coconut cookie for dessert.
Now I'm into the darn chip nuts again, so addictive! LOL:woo:

Steel cut oats with maple syrup. A banana. A few bites of watermelon. A handful of peanuts. Stared at the cookies but managed to resist. I don't know about anyone else but oatmeal makes me so hungry. Worse than if I had eaten nothing. But I like it so I keep eating it.
For lunch I'll have mashed potatoes and carrots, and some petite peas.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
steel cut oats here also - I find if I put in a 1/4 cup of red lentils I stay satiated for a lot longer - I also put in lots of fruit, some ground flax, etc and top with maple syrup, of course
toast with p/b on the side

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: EllieW and PTree15
steel cut oats here also - I find if I put in a 1/4 cup of red lentils I stay satiated for a lot longer - I also put in lots of fruit, some ground flax, etc and top with maple syrup, of course
toast with p/b on the side

Emma JC
I'll have to try that. See if I like it. LOL

Reactions: Emma JC
I thought I was the only one. They talk about how oatmeal sticks to your ribs and keeps you satisfied for hours and I'm thinking what's wrong with me? LOL It doesn't even stick to my stomach let alone my ribs! :D I'm usually extremely hollowed out hungry after less than an hour!

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I thought I was the only one. They talk about how oatmeal sticks to your ribs and keeps you satisfied for hours and I'm thinking what's wrong with me? LOL It doesn't even stick to my stomach let alone my ribs! :D I'm usually extremely hollowed out hungry after less than an hour!
I am one of those who's the exact opposite. I've skipped lunch sometimes if I've had a big bowl of oatmeal. Cereal, on the other hand, does nothing for me as far as filling me up. I consider it a snack. :D

• Friendly

Same here and that's one of the reasons why I don't have porridge that often. Moreover, I really am a savoury breakfast girl. I was never a cereal breakfast lover.o_O

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
Same here and that's one of the reasons why I don't have porridge that often. Moreover, I really am a savoury breakfast girl. I was never a cereal breakfast lover.o_O
I think maybe I'll have a breakfast burrito for breakfast tomorrow. I just got some Farm Boy plant-based sausage, Spinach & Kale, and Chorizo. I have some tortillas. Some Just Egg folded omelet I haven't tried yet. Lots of mini rainbow peppers. It's starting to come together in my mind now. LOL I haven't been a cereal eater either. I love leftovers for breakfast! LOL

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I think maybe I'll have a breakfast burrito for breakfast tomorrow. I just got some Farm Boy plant-based sausage, Spinach & Kale, and Chorizo. I have some tortillas. Some Just Egg folded omelet I haven't tried yet. Lots of mini rainbow peppers. It's starting to come together in my mind now. LOL I haven't been a cereal eater either. I love leftovers for breakfast! LOL

That sounds more like my kind of breakfast.

• Friendly
  • Agree