Whatcha Eatin?

I'm going to have marinated (lime/onion&garlic powder/chili flakes/smoked paprika/evo) air fried tofu with a wholewheat
couscous tabouleh made with finely peeled chopped tomatoes/cucumbers/fresh mint/parsley/coriander/evo & lemon vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Melon.
Iced strawberry & elderflower infusion/stevia.

Reactions: EllieW and Raven
A Salted Irish Cream Latte with soy milk, some marinated bean salad, now drinking a Dreamsicle cold coffee with cold brew coffee and vanilla oat milk. I can't say iced coffee because I don't put ice in it. LOL

Reactions: Raven
For lunch I had a black bean salad with carrots and grape tomatoes, dressed with Mayo and Sweet Onion Vinaigrette. Then a handful of Spicy BBQ Nut Crisps.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I just made a breakfast burrito with Farm Boy Plant Based Chorizo sausage, sauteed red peppers and onions, a cut up Just Egg omelet, Daiya Cheddar Shreds and salsa. And a tortilla of course. It was so full I couldn't roll it up so I folded it in half and made a quesadilla! Now I'm stuffed! When I'm less stuffed I'll have a clementine.

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
I had a tomato-cucumber-hummus sandwich on Multigrain Sourdough Rye, then watermelon and a handful of peanuts.
For lunch I'm having Uncle Ben's Oriental Rice and the rest of my Lifesmart vegan party pack - Potato Somosas and Beefless Salsa Bites and a Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Filled cookie for dessert. Last week I bought some vegan cookies at Farm Boy at $6 a bag. A few days ago I thought I'd go through the Walmart cookie selection on their website to see what was accidentally vegan, and found nearly all of their Great Value cookies are. I just saw one that wasn't. And this bag of cookies I bought was $1.67! Same size bag as the Farm Boy ones that were $6. Win-win! LOL

Edited to add: good thing I double-checked the ingredients on that rice before I opened it. It had beef fat in it so it went on the pile to go to my daughter's house. Switched to Mexican Style Rice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Watermelon with a bit of salt
My mil used to put salt on melon. It’s supposed to make it taste sweeter I think. I tried on cantaloupe and it was good but not something I do regularly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
My mil used to put salt on melon. It’s supposed to make it taste sweeter I think. I tried on cantaloupe and it was good but not something I do regularly.
Eww. Not cantalope :fp:
I don't think it makes it taste sweeter, just gives it a salty flavor. Watermelon is the only fruit I do that to--well lemons, but how often do I eat lemons?
I was so shocked when I found my friend from India puts kala namak on fruit! She was just as surprised when I said it tastes like egg! :joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Eww. Not cantalope :fp:
I don't think it makes it taste sweeter, just gives it a salty flavor. Watermelon is the only fruit I do that to--well lemons, but how often do I eat lemons?
I was so shocked when I found my friend from India puts kala namak on fruit! She was just as surprised when I said it tastes like egg! :joy:
:lol: