Whatcha Eatin?

I got Beyond Sausage in the sweet Italian, as they didn't have the hot Italian (which is not hot BTW). They were okay, but the fennel was appartant, which isn't my thing. I'd like to try their breakfast sausage, but waiting for a sale

Roasted delicata squash and Japanese sweet potatoes. :yuck::down:
Why do I feel such a need to like these these things! Pthu...yuck yuck ... :argh:

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
I tried tempeh for the first time tonight, pan fried in olive oil and tossed in with my pasta, tomato sauce and veggies. Not a fan! It was a last-minute decision to include the tempeh so maybe it's just not the right recipe for it.

A mug of strong coffee with hazelnut butter/soya milk/cream/stevia.
A bowl of Scottish style porridge with a drizzle of cream and P&N's peanut butter.

A slaw made with grated cabbage, pumpkin seeds, dried sour cherries, Dijon mustard vinaigrette with yeast flakes & chia seeds.
A granary bread sandwich.
A banana.
Berry & bramble infusion.

Brunch at 1pm - toasted bagel with vegan cream cheese with some leftover roasted veggies. Blueberries with soya yoghurt and a cup of green tea.

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I tried tempeh for the first time tonight, pan fried in olive oil and tossed in with my pasta, tomato sauce and veggies. Not a fan! It was a last-minute decision to include the tempeh so maybe it's just not the right recipe for it.

You need to fry the tempeh by itself before adding other ingredients (except what you want to infuse in the oil such as garlic and spices). Fry it like you’re roasting potatoes. It should sit in the oil until it turns golden brown on the bottom. Then stir it so it browns on all sides. It should get a crispy texture. After that, add the other ingredients and seasonings.

I realize you might have cooked it this way. But if not, give it a try.

I would suggest that you have to marinate in anything first - it soaks up flavours very well and yet is completely tasteless on its own. Even a quick soak in some tamari/soy sauce, a veggie stock, or pretty much anything would help. Lots of recipes out there for sure and it can be an acquired taste.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I like to marinate tempeh in liquid smoke, Braggs, sage and thyme and enough water to be strong, and cover the slices. Longer it sits the better. Then I saute them in a bit of oil, both sides, then add the marinade to the pan and saute till absorbed. This is the basis of my favorite Rueben sandwich!
If you don't like tempeh, but want to eat it because it's good for you try this: