Whatcha Eatin?

I found some new houmous pots in the shop near me. Red pepper and harissa. I had it with toasted pitta bread and salad and a green smoothie.

Reactions: Emma JC
Bread with avocado for breakfast

I just nuked a potato with some of my steamed rice cheese- melts pretty well-I wish someone else would make it and talk about it, I'd love new ideas for flavor! I think the sauerkraut added a 'gouda' flavor, and next time will add a drop or two of liquid smoke

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Green lentil & vegetable soup plus chia/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes & a drizzle of pumpkin oil.
A slice of granary baguette with spread.
A slaw with vinaigrette plus chia/pumpkin seeds, yeast flakes and crispy onions.
Raspberries & blueberries with soya cream/stevia.

My friend gave me some of her sourdough starter. I love baking bread, but haven't really experimented much with sourdough. She gave me all the instructions to care for it. Sounds like a pet I'm caring for. I even have to feed it. *chuckles* Anyways, I am really looking forward to trying some sourdough recipes.

Anyone else like baking bread here?

• Friendly
My friend gave me some of her sourdough starter. I love baking bread, but haven't really experimented much with sourdough. She gave me all the instructions to care for it. Sounds like a pet I'm caring for. I even have to feed it. *chuckles* Anyways, I am really looking forward to trying some sourdough recipes.

Anyone else like baking bread here?

Me. I love yeast baking. :innocent:

Green lentil & vegetable soup plus chia/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes & a drizzle of pumpkin oil.
A slice of sprouted ww bread with spread.
A slaw with vinaigrette plus chia/pumpkin seeds, yeast flakes
Elderflower & strawberry infusion.
Sounds like some good variety. How do you make the soup?

Last edited:
IMG_1399.jpeg

Sauce: finely chopped carrot, romanesco broccoli, spinach, red onion cooked down.. then added stewed roma tomatoes, garlic powder, dried oregano, a few dashes of the sweet cheap balsamic vinegar to get some more acidity. Tossed in some penne pasta, browned tofu.. added fresh tomato, yeast flakes + cracked black pepper on top.

Sounds like some good variety. How do you make the soup?

It's basically a classic vegetable soup with either cooked or raw green lentils.

You need a basic stock, i.e. either water or stock made with either Vecon or Marmite plus 2 or 3 fresh (if possible) bay leaves plus
a huge sprinkle of dried herbs, 2 tsp of onion powder. If you have any celery leaves add them to the stock.

Chopped vegetables including either carrots or sweet potatoes ( you can also add pumpkin), an onion or/and a small leek, a courgette and a few cauliflower florets. If I have some French beans on hand, I also add a few chopped ones.

A few plum, tinned tomatoes, 1 tbs of tomato puree.

A drizzle of evo. Salt and smoked paprika to taste.

Cook (once the stock comes up to a boil, gently simmer) all of the ingredients if using raw lentils (roughly 1 cup) until the latter are cooked. Depending on the variety this can take up to 15 - 20 mins.
If using cooked lentils, I add them about 8 mins before the vegetables are cooked.

Whizz the soup using either a hand blender or FP. Adjust seasoning.

Serve piping hot with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, a drizzle of either pumpkin seed or olive oil, a sprinkle of yeast flakes and extra pumpkin seeds. Cubes of toasted gingerbread also pair well with this hearty winter soup.

The soup freezes well for a few months. You can also use it as a binder when making veggie burger or loaf.

made flour out of some rolled oats and added it to my leftover colcannon and making a kind of pancake, some of my beans heated up with added tomato paste and garlic powder, toast on the side and a clementine

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Veganite