Whatcha Eatin?

the steel cut oat/red lentil/cranberry/ground flax mix is on the stove, the bananas and berries are waiting to be added, along with the turmeric pepper, walnuts, hemp seed, cinnamon and maple syrup - toast with pb on the side

Emma JC

Leftover bolognese with ww orecchiette plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.
Alpro (nas) mango yogurt.
A mug of berry & mint infusion.

Reactions: Emma JC
Slightly overcooked spice waffles. (I don't remember if or the last time I made waffles) I like the crunchy. Add some apple butter and only because it is a day off some tea.

Reactions: Emma JC
breakfast beans (from a can) w/onions & jalapenos on toast - grapefruit and banana appetizer

Emma JC

I made a salad dressing out of Trader Joe's Romanesco sauce, olive oil and tamari. I used it on arugula with pinenuts.

For dinner, I just had some tortilla chips (with flax seeds) and baked tofu. I wasn't that hungry today. I also had some cereal with rice milk, a whole carton of orange juice, several bananas, and some dark chocolate.

A very disappointing plant based burger from Aldi. They had Beyond Burgers at $3.99 this week, but of course they were sold out, so I tried these that looked like them, I guess and Aldi house brand? Anyway, they weren't like Beyond, really seemed very ground meat like, but not greasy. Maybe more like Impossible Burger? I hated that too.
I like faux meat to taste like faux meat, dammit! :brood:

A very disappointing plant based burger from Aldi. They had Beyond Burgers at $3.99 this week, but of course they were sold out, so I tried these that looked like them, I guess and Aldi house brand? Anyway, they weren't like Beyond, really seemed very ground meat like, but not greasy. Maybe more like Impossible Burger? I hated that too.
I like faux meat to taste like faux meat, dammit! :brood:

I like the Amy's ones, but they're getting harder to find. Veggie burgers used to be better. There's now a trend towards ones that are supposed to taste like meat. I like it when they taste like something else - beans, corn, whatever they're made of.

I like the Amy's ones, but they're getting harder to find. Veggie burgers used to be better. There's now a trend towards ones that are supposed to taste like meat. I like it when they taste like something else - beans, corn, whatever they're made of.

That's right as these type of real meat tasting burgers, target flexitarians and not vegans.

That's right as these type of real meat tasting burgers, target flexitarians and not vegans.

It was the same way in the nineties. Then, for a while, we had better veggie burgers, a variety to choose from. Now they're back to the old formula - TVP or an equivalent with synthetic flavor additives.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Tofurky lightly seasoned chick’n and mashed potatoes. So tasty. I like the other two flavors but they are hard to find...thai basil and sesame garlic. I really miss not having a local DeCiccos, Trader Joe and Whole Foods. ☹️

We had a curry yesterday and I deliberately cooked extra rice. There were also some Hälsans Kök chicken style pieces left over so I made a stir fry today - just added some peas, peppers, onions, soy sauce, garlic and salt.