Whatcha Eatin?

I had a craving for pasta as I was watching a YT video yesterday where a vegan woman was making three types of pasta dishes. I went out and bought a bag of pasta and had it with roasted vegetables and a tomato sauce.

I had a craving for pasta as I was watching a YT video yesterday where a vegan woman was making three types of pasta dishes. I went out and bought a bag of pasta and had it with roasted vegetables and a tomato sauce.

was it cheap lazy vegan? I watched her video yesterday too and had pasta for dinner too.... lol

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Raven
I made homemade pizza for dinner last night. I will be having leftovers, obviously, and while it is pretty darn good pizza, it could be better. I just mean the crust, mainly. The toppings are somewhat subjective to a person's tastes, but I think we can all agree, there's nothing like a great pizza crust. When I say great, I mean the kind that's light and fluffy, but still crispy and firm to pick up. I don't mean thin crust or deep-dish style. I mean a traditional pizza crust.

Since I don't have a cob oven in my backyard, I have to improvise with a conventional oven to achieve the same results. Only problem is, that's like Spock trying to build mnemonic memory circuit with stone knives and bearskins. It's damn near impossible. I have a pizza stone, but suspect my oven just doesn't get quite hot enough.

I have tried various methods, including a plethora of dough recipes. I do make a pretty good pie all considered, but at this point I am open to suggestions, tips, anything to improve on my home methods. Pizza is my favorite comfort food. For me pizza is its own food group ;P

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Val
I made homemade pizza for dinner last night. I will be having leftovers, obviously, and while it is pretty darn good pizza, it could be better. I just mean the crust, mainly. The toppings are somewhat subjective to a person's tastes, but I think we can all agree, there's nothing like a great pizza crust. When I say great, I mean the kind that's light and fluffy, but still crispy and firm to pick up. I don't mean thin crust or deep-dish style. I mean a traditional pizza crust.

Since I don't have a cob oven in my backyard, I have to improvise with a conventional oven to achieve the same results. Only problem is, that's like Spock trying to build mnemonic memory circuit with stone knives and bearskins. It's damn near impossible. I have a pizza stone, but suspect my oven just doesn't get quite hot enough.

I have tried various methods, including a plethora of dough recipes. I do make a pretty good pie all considered, but at this point I am open to suggestions, tips, anything to improve on my home methods. Pizza is my favorite comfort food. For me pizza is its own food group ;P

That is one of the secrets ; a very hot oven. :)

Reactions: Val and Veganite

I also love pizza and love putting all different toppings and combos.... I do NOT enjoy making dough, so, I buy and use a variety of crusts. I am lucky enough to live in an area where an amazing family bakery supplies bread/slab pizzas to local grocery stores and that includes a plain one that you can add anything you like as it comes with just the sauce and a few spices. I also sometimes buy PC pizza bases

20896528_front_a06.png

and/or one of the ones on this page.....

I do also sometimes use pita bread either the thick or the thin and if I am totally out of other options I will use bread....

I know that none of these suggestions may match a really great, cooked in a pizza oven pizza crust, but some of them are very very good and save a lot of time and energy.

Emma JC

A bowl of vegetable & lentil soup with yeast flakes.
A salad ; tomatoes from the farm, avocados, olives and gem lettuce/vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds.
A coconut milk yogurt.

Reactions: Emma JC
Lunch will be silken tofu in veg soup, tonight is sun dried tomato pesto with pasta, zucchini and Beyond Meat mild Italian sausage.

1/2 pan fried raw soya burger with a tossed green gem lettuce salad, peeled tomatoes, avocados, vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.
A coconut milk yogurt.
Greengages & white grapes.
1/2 glass of chilled chardonnay.